Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Alternatives to Cruciate surgery

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shire

The Shire

Alternatives to Cruciate surgery Empty
PostSubject: Alternatives to Cruciate surgery   Alternatives to Cruciate surgery Icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:01 pm

Hi folks,

came across a very interesting website this week that I think would be helpful for any of us with a dog with cruciate problems, the site is:

http://www.tiggerpoz.com/

Essentially there is a wealth of information on this site from owners who have experienced the same issues but who have chosen a different route using Conservative Management rather than surgery. Also, the real facts behind surgical procedures such as TPLO and TTA are talked about here.

As some of you know, my eldest boy Burt has had TTA done on both knees and meniscus repair/removal on both, initially with great success although we now have major problems with the latest knee. Had I have seen this website prior to the operations I may well have made a different decision!

Anyway, see what you think.

Ali
Back to top Go down
BeBe

BeBe

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to Cruciate surgery   Alternatives to Cruciate surgery Icon_minitimeMon May 24, 2010 11:13 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this with the forum!

How wonderful to read such a positive alternative approach to cruciate injury.

Hannibal was misdiagnosed as having a cruciate rupture last year and I was crawling up the walls with anxiety at the thought of the dreaded TPLO surgical proceedure which the misdiagnosing vet seemed to take for granted...!!!

It would be very interesting to hear if any Bernard owners have tried the management regime - and with what success...

Thanks again - I've bookmarked the website - but hope I don't have cause to refer to it for Han!!!

BeBe
Back to top Go down
BernieSaintBernard

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to Cruciate surgery   Alternatives to Cruciate surgery Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 10:02 am

That is a relief. Operations are always scary to hear. Thank you for posting this thread. It will surely bring hope to others.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alternatives to Cruciate surgery   Alternatives to Cruciate surgery Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alternatives to Cruciate surgery
Page 1 of 1