Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

good dry food

Go down 
+6
Vicki
jacquieblue
islamorada
BeBe
ourfairview
cart5832002
10 posters
AuthorMessage
cart5832002

cart5832002

good dry food Empty
PostSubject: good dry food   good dry food Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 12:38 pm

hi, murphy has been fed on wainwrights tray food since we got him and occasionally natures harvest tray food, both have a good fresh meat content. i would now like to try and switch to dry food so could anyone recommend a good dry food for him. hes almost 8 months so would still be puppy food. thanks. mandy
Back to top Go down

good dry food Empty
PostSubject: Re: good dry food   good dry food Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 2:38 pm

By the time our pups are around 6mths we always put them on an adult food, as puppy food has too high a protein content.

We have tried, Proplan, Arden Grange & Purina Beta, all with good results.
Back to top Go down
cart5832002

cart5832002

good dry food Empty
PostSubject: Re: good dry food   good dry food Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 3:02 pm

hi, thanks for the reply. will go to pets at home and have a look at the ones you mention. mandy and murphy
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

good dry food Empty
PostSubject: Re: good dry food   good dry food Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 4:37 pm

we use natural dog food company its a dry complete and they are launching there large breed food in two weeks time! i order mine online and it arrives next day normally!

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
BeBe

BeBe

good dry food Empty
PostSubject: Re: good dry food   good dry food Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 5:03 pm

Hi there!

I have been feeding The Natural Dog Food Company's adult food to Hannibal and think it is excellent BUT personally I think that the kibble is woefully small for dogs of our size. For that reason I've recently changed to the Arden Grange Adult Large Breed for Han (given with yummy casseroles of fresh meet, veg etc) until the Natural Dog Food Company delivers its large kibble variety.

BeBe
Back to top Go down
islamorada

islamorada

good dry food Empty
PostSubject: Re: good dry food   good dry food Icon_minitimeMon Oct 05, 2009 7:23 pm

I am currently trying a fairly new food called Barking Heads. Will let you know what I think of it.
In the past I have used Purina Pro Plan, Royal Canin and Hills Nature's Best for my growing youngsters. All of these are good foods.
JJ
Back to top Go down
jacquieblue

jacquieblue

good dry food Empty
PostSubject: Re: good dry food   good dry food Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 2:20 am

We use blue buffalo large breed. It's all natrual and has no corn. One of ours can't have corn. They both LOVE it.
Back to top Go down
Vicki

Vicki

good dry food Empty
PostSubject: Re: good dry food   good dry food Icon_minitimeTue Oct 06, 2009 7:18 am

We have tried numerous food with our dogs, our 1st boy was on RC with no problems all his life, Bobby we tried on RC (which didn't suit him at all) Nutro, Burns (which gave him horrendous squits), another one i can't think of the name off, then Arden Grange large breed (it is a really good food but the prices seem to have rocketed).

A good friend of mine who has DDB's and Bulldogs, she was a distributor for AG but got miffed with the prices going up so decided to set up her own food and company. The prices are very reasonable, both boys are doing really well on it, 15kg sack of chicken/rice works out at £27 a bag which is really good value and it contains all the good things like glucosamine/chondoitin/msm for healthy joints

Here's a link http://www.simpsonspremium.com/

Hope that helps flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.lealemontsaintbernards.co.uk
Saint

good dry food Empty
PostSubject: Re: good dry food   good dry food Icon_minitimeWed Oct 07, 2009 1:58 pm

I have used a dog food called Dr. John for about 3 years now and I find it excellent.
It is 15 % protein.
There are a few types but we use the gold kind and silver kind.
We have tried all the really expensive brands but they really did not suit our dogs.
We also feed them pasta, mince stew , chicken and steak and veg
And like Kathy we also start feeding puppies adult food at 8 months.
Back to top Go down
Kate

Kate

good dry food Empty
PostSubject: Re: good dry food   good dry food Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 7:19 pm

I feed my saint Blue Buffalo Large Breed formula. She loves it and it's high quality with no corn or fillers. Completely holistic and organic. They make canned food as well and she gets a half a can mixed with her dry food morning and night.l I've had good results with this food.

Kate
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

good dry food Empty
PostSubject: Re: good dry food   good dry food Icon_minitimeTue Nov 17, 2009 11:10 pm

We feed our puppies (2 Saints & a Golden) Arden Grange Puppy/Junior Large breed & the adults Purina ProPlan chicken & rice. We have fed the BARF diet i the past but I couldn't cope with the carnage when we went past 8 dogs lol

My Litter born in March this year all had to move from puppy to adult food at 6 months as all shot up i an alarming manner & all looked so tall & thin it was horrid.Within a month they had slowed down growing up & were filling out good dry food Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk
Bina

Bina

good dry food Empty
PostSubject: Re: good dry food   good dry food Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:44 pm

My oldest female was eating in past Nutro, last 3 years she is eating Arden Grenge (before Large breed, now senior).
My youngest female was eating first 18 months Arden Grange Large breed puppy, and then Platinum (because after Arden she didn't get any kilos more but she still ate around 900 gr of food every day).
Back to top Go down
http://www.tyronica.si/
Sponsored content

good dry food Empty
PostSubject: Re: good dry food   good dry food Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

good dry food
Page 1 of 1