Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

KC Breeder Insurance

Go down 
AuthorMessage
islamorada

islamorada

KC Breeder Insurance Empty
PostSubject: KC Breeder Insurance   KC Breeder Insurance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 7:17 am

Just got my KC newsletter and see that the Kennel Club have launched a Breeders Insurance policy. It covers all aspects of whelping including up to two c-sections, fading puppies, infertility investigation and fertility treatment.
The policy sounds great but knowing the KC, the cost will be prohibitive. You can't get a quote on-line but have to ring for one. I will make sure I am sitting down when I call later today !!
It's a great idea and sounds like exactly the kind of policy that some breeders have been hoping for but fear it may involve a second mortgage..... affraid
Has anyone come across any other insurance policies that cover breeding ?

Jackie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KC Breeder Insurance   KC Breeder Insurance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 9:17 am

Fingers X'd its not too expensive then ... is it a policy per dog or to cover the entire 'kennel' as such?

Scotpet used to cover breeding, but they dont anymore Surprised(
Back to top Go down
islamorada

islamorada

PostSubject: Re: KC Breeder Insurance   KC Breeder Insurance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:16 am

Hiya Kathy

It's a per dog policy rather than a kennel policy. I phoned for a quote and it's a bit complicated as the quote is tailored to your dog and what cover you actually want.
Quotes are based on the breed, age of bitch (or dog), any existing health conditions and level of cover and excess required. You also have to specify how much the bitch is worth for death benefit.
Vet fees can be from £2500 to £10000 per annum (not per condition). Death cover is from £800-£5000. Fixed excess is from £75-£225 and there is also a variable excess of between 10% and 20% on further claims within 125 days.
All in all, a very complicated policy !
It's a pity you can't do an online quote, then you could play about with the amounts and see what difference it made to the price.
I used Jade for my quote with cover of £5000 per year and £2000 death benefit and price would be £42 per month using the lowest excess levels. I am getting the details sent in the post so I can read exactly what is included but if anyone is interested in this policy, I would suggest you need to thoroughly understand what you are paying for.
Hope this helps

Jackie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KC Breeder Insurance   KC Breeder Insurance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:21 am

Thanks Jackie

Funnily enough, i just had a call from them too .. i used Simone as a 'dummy' for a quote.

Based on:

£5000 Vet Fees
£1000 Life cover
£ 75 Excess with a 10% variable on the next 125 days

Her price came in at £43.13 per month! If I had chosen the £2500 vet cover then it came down to £36 per month .... Although a good idea, for those of us with stud/breeding bitches, this could workl out quite costly really.

She is sending me several quotes with different variants for me to have a look over too.
Back to top Go down
islamorada

islamorada

PostSubject: Re: KC Breeder Insurance   KC Breeder Insurance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 10:47 am

Hi Kathy

Strange you were quoted a £1 more per month than me for £1000 less death benefit, especially as Jade is a year older than Simone !
Not sure they know what they are doing yet.....

Jackie
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: KC Breeder Insurance   KC Breeder Insurance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 12, 2009 11:36 am

Yes Very .... Hmmmm especially as Simone hasnt had a litter yet (Jade has?) I think it could also be area related maybe??
Back to top Go down
islamorada

islamorada

PostSubject: Re: KC Breeder Insurance   KC Breeder Insurance Icon_minitimeSat Jun 13, 2009 7:27 am

Hi Kathy

Yes, Jade had a litter in October last year. They didn't actually ask about that but I had to give them her KC reg number to get the quote so they would have seen she was already a mum. If it's postcode related as well, it's even more complicated. Exclamation
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KC Breeder Insurance   KC Breeder Insurance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KC Breeder Insurance
Page 1 of 1