Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Should we give our Saints turkey?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
BeBe

BeBe

Should we give our Saints turkey? Empty
PostSubject: Should we give our Saints turkey?   Should we give our Saints turkey? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 14, 2009 11:18 pm

A seasonal question!

I've heard that dogs should not be given turkey and that many dogs suffer digestive upsets after Christmas because they've shared their owners' Christmas dinner - opinions please!

BeBe
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: Should we give our Saints turkey?   Should we give our Saints turkey? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 9:07 am

as my vet said - turkey is like chocolate some will tollerate it but some are very likely to become ill and possibly die- if i remember correctly it is caused by the juices that sit under the skin???

alot of vets will be busy this christmas with those unfortunate dogs who cant tollerate it, so to me its just not worth the risk

however we do know its in certain types of dog food but believe thats safe due to how its prossessed???

my dogs will not be getting turkey- there wont be any turkey in this house we find it dry and boring hehehe

needless to say they will all be getting christmas dinner though Very Happy

definatly be interesting to see what others say i do know some feed raw turkey legs to there saints no problems???

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
lorri

lorri

PostSubject: Re: Should we give our Saints turkey?   Should we give our Saints turkey? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 9:46 am

Hi i feed my 2 raw turkey legs and they love them and they will only get the scraps from christmas dinner which knowing my lot there wont be much left for the dogs lol

Lorri Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should we give our Saints turkey?   Should we give our Saints turkey? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 15, 2009 10:13 am

We feed raw chicken wings, turkey legs etc to our lot. They get the scraps from each meal added to their dinners too ..... they all get a little bit of cooked turkey (I mean a small piece when we have finished dinner) & all without problems thus far ...
Back to top Go down
BernieSaintBernard

PostSubject: Re: Should we give our Saints turkey?   Should we give our Saints turkey? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:16 pm

What is in turkey that dogs are having trouble with eating it? I've heard that mistletoe is also poisonous to dogs if ingested.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should we give our Saints turkey?   Should we give our Saints turkey? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Should we give our Saints turkey?
Page 1 of 1