Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED??

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
carley-cc

carley-cc

TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED?? Empty
PostSubject: TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED??   TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED?? Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 9:02 pm

Hello,

Was wondering if anyone could give me some advise as i don't know if it's "normal" for a saint bernard.

We have a 7 month old saint bernard bitch. She stays at my mothers all day and comes home to me in the evening. She drinks ALOT of water....When you put a bowl down for her she pretty much drinks it all.

The thing is she pees during the night time sometimes...not all the time but i don't think we have gone 1 full week where she hasn't peed. She started off in a crate but as a pup she didn't chew on anything other than metal and the only metal thing was her cage so that was fine. So now she "roams" round the kitchen.

Recently i've been taking her water off her at 19:00 but somtimes she will want some like go to the area where her water is kept so i give her a little bit.. Anyway i then let her out every hour before i go to bed which is about 10:00ish then wake up around 5:00 and somtimes she does wee...somtimes she doesn't but like i said not gone a full week without wee. A few friends of mine there pups stopped weeing at the age of 6 months or sooner, they learnt to hold it in? But she doesn't seem to i'm getting worried that it will become a habbit. I'm wondering if anyone has any tips if this is normal? Or anything that might help that they have done with their saints.

Many thanks in advance for your help..

Carley & Snow "woof"!

Addtional I forgot to mention that the only time she pees in the house is during the night when we are in bed, when she wants to go during the day she dings the bell on our back door...

Last edited by carley-cc on Thu May 02, 2013 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : addtional info)
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED??   TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED?? Icon_minitimeMon May 06, 2013 1:23 pm

i love the bell training!!!

are you sure you arent sleeping through this at night?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Rufus Elvis King

PostSubject: Re: TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED??   TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED?? Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 10:43 am

I have found that it is normal for our boy to adapt to our routines. Rufus never got up in the night until I (his Dad)started getting up usually for middle of the night snacks and a pee, so Rufus adopted my routine. Now we creep around the house like Ninja's trying to avoid mommy monster. jocolor

Wouldn't worry about it personally.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED??   TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED?? Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 4:33 pm

also if she is used to going out hourly during the day she hasn't learnt to hold in her bladder at all, maybe worth trying to stretch that time abit during the day

cheri
Back to top Go down
carley-cc

carley-cc

PostSubject: Re: TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED??   TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 10:26 pm

I forgot about this forum! When I wrote the above topic I thought is never have my saint stop peeing everywhere at night! Now at 2 years old she's in a real routine. Just an issue with her being so stubborn and only wanting to eat chicken for dinner & not dog food pft.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED??   TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED?? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 10:39 pm

who wants dog food instead of chicken !!!
Back to top Go down
carley-cc

carley-cc

PostSubject: Re: TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED??   TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED?? Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2014 10:01 pm

Haha very true! She's on chicken & rice tomorrow - will be the best day of her life Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED??   TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

TOILET TRAINING HELP NEEDED??
Page 1 of 1