Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Any tips on Ear Drops please

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Tracy Marlow

Tracy Marlow

Any tips on Ear Drops please Empty
PostSubject: Any tips on Ear Drops please   Any tips on Ear Drops please Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 11:54 am

Hello, I'm hoping some of you might have some tips on getting ear drops in. Nelson has an ear infection and I have to apply ear drops twice a day. I have tried food as he normally does anything for food but that isnt working. It isnt fun for him or me and battling with 76kg of wriggling dog is causing us both stress.
Any suggestions would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on Ear Drops please   Any tips on Ear Drops please Icon_minitimeTue Mar 12, 2013 1:05 pm

hahahahahahaha i know your pain, dexter is a total wimp when it comes to ear cleaning!!

the best thing we have found is to do it when they arent expecting it, morning and evening walk mid walk may be ideal, if it wont ruin it for him???? ( yes ive taken a tupperwear pot of warm wet cotton wool balls on a walk with dexter before now.... )

by the time nelson is used to it, the infection will be gone lmao

hope he is better soon give him a big kiss and a squish from me ( and anya aswell of course)

cheri xxx

Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Tracy Marlow

Tracy Marlow

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on Ear Drops please   Any tips on Ear Drops please Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 8:29 am

Hi Cheri, thanks for the tip - oh boy does he squeal!! I'm starting to get quite devious. What do you use for general ear cleaning?

Big hugs delivered to both - big hugs to the gang from us, especially Daisy, Diesel and Destiny xx
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on Ear Drops please   Any tips on Ear Drops please Icon_minitimeWed Mar 13, 2013 8:59 am

1st of the month is ear cleaning and sofa "feeding" day!

I use fragrance free wetwipes normally, unless someone has a possible problem brewing then I use cleanearal or epiotic and wool pads. ( If someone shakes their head more than normal its done then aswell)

All bar Dexter and dolly are fine with ear cleaning, Dexter I straddle and he squeezes his eyes shut grits his teeth and manages, Dolly "looses her legs" and lays so she gets flipped over! Daisy will push the que for another go, and really enjoys it!!! They all get a boiled egg after which seems to sweeten the deal abit!!!

With Dora and Diesel both being wimps Nelson didn't stand much chance!!! But as we say, we wouldn't change them!!!

Cheri xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any tips on Ear Drops please   Any tips on Ear Drops please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any tips on Ear Drops please
Page 1 of 1