Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

feeding tripe

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

feeding tripe Empty
PostSubject: feeding tripe   feeding tripe Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 4:18 pm

who here regularly feeds there dogs tripe and if so how much

i was told to feed diesel 4lbs a day with his dinner but feel its alot

also been told 2lb of meat is much better than 4lbs of tripe and wont cause the runny tum that tripe can cause

ive also been told dogs that eat tripe need worming more
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
snippittsuk

snippittsuk

feeding tripe Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tripe   feeding tripe Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:06 pm

I have fed Tripe for years although not to a Saint. I have not suffered unduley with any runny tums and have wormed my dogs as normal and so far never had a problem. Bud is on Royal Canin Giant puppy but I must admit I put a little tripe on it to make it more interesting. Tripe is very good for putting substance on a dog and is full of all the natural goodness the cows eat that is why is smells so bad. I would introduce it slowly with what you already feed and increase to 1lb twice a day with his food and see how he goes. I would imagine as Diesel is still a babe his excersise is still restricted so therefore too much like 4lb would just turn to fat which also isnt good for his joints and bones in general, he needs to be able to turn it into muscle so as his excersis increases so can the amount of tripe you feed.
Tony.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

feeding tripe Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tripe   feeding tripe Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:12 pm

i was thinking along the same lines however that is the amount his brother is getting and he isnt fat but alot bigger

cheri
Back to top Go down
snippittsuk

snippittsuk

feeding tripe Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tripe   feeding tripe Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:16 pm

As he grows on increase it so that when he reaches his brothers size he is on the same amount I guess it will be trial and error to begin worth. Good luck
Tony.
Back to top Go down
Marles

Marles

feeding tripe Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tripe   feeding tripe Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Cheri do you give commplete food too? If so which one?
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

feeding tripe Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tripe   feeding tripe Icon_minitimeTue Jul 14, 2009 5:46 pm

they are on the natural dog food companys food

its complete and holistic

cheri
Back to top Go down
KazzF

KazzF

feeding tripe Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tripe   feeding tripe Icon_minitimeWed Jul 15, 2009 8:26 pm

All our dogs have tripe - puppies and adults. Our adults have about a pound of tripe a day along with their complete food. I have to say that our litters are weaned onto tripe and we don't have any problems.

Karen
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanleadanestbernards.co.uk
MrsPita

MrsPita

feeding tripe Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tripe   feeding tripe Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 12:48 am

My dogs only get tripe when they have whole prey items- rabbits and whatnot, which is usually 1 meal/ week. I do give them scraps from dinner, and I believe the nutrients of cooked vegetables are quite comparable to those found in the prey's stomach and the stomach itself is of little nutritional consequence. So that's what we do. I don't have a convenient source of green tripe anyways.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

feeding tripe Empty
PostSubject: Re: feeding tripe   feeding tripe Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

feeding tripe
Page 1 of 1