Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

feeding during pregnancy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

feeding during pregnancy Empty
PostSubject: feeding during pregnancy   feeding during pregnancy Icon_minitimeThu Apr 01, 2010 10:51 am

what do you do during your bitches pregnancy for feeding

what changes what do you add or withold?

when do you start adding extra ?

just wondering how other people do it!!!

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
gmm

PostSubject: Re: feeding during pregnancy   feeding during pregnancy Icon_minitimeMon Apr 12, 2010 8:02 pm

ourfairview wrote:
what do you do during your bitches pregnancy for feeding

what changes what do you add or withold?

when do you start adding extra ?

just wondering how other people do it!!!

cheri

Good night, for my personal experience based on life of 3-4 weeks des linked to the male will start to dry food for pregnant women: royal canin (starter) until it has had the puppies until the puppies 4 weeks aprobechando the weaning of the pups with the same feed for the puppies, other than the 8 weeks of life puppies advise the giant puppy or feed high gamma giant race.

It is economically very expensive, but it is best for breast feeding St. Bernard to hold their descalsificacion, to avoid running out of milk.

The reflection is: if the mother St. Bernard offers these puppies so precious that provide less than the maximum breast health for St. Bernard, if they are in good health, puppies will be with health.

Can be supplemented from time to time with natural yoghurt is love and calcium.

pd. always give my personal view, respecting all opinions. I love you
Back to top Go down
http://http:decanfont.,chiens-de-france.com
BernieSaintBernard

PostSubject: Re: feeding during pregnancy   feeding during pregnancy Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:14 pm

My dog has never been pregnant before. Thank you for the information though!
Back to top Go down
Henry44

PostSubject: bitches pregnancy for feeding   feeding during pregnancy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:26 am

I normally feed ,my bitches their normal diet for the first 5/6 weeks of pregnancy then change over to a complete puppy food for the last 3 weeks
giving smaller more regular meals
my worry is over feeding ,resulting in extra large whelps
intersted in what other breeders use???
myself i do think the whelps take what they need , but mum has got a lot of energy in the feeding in the coming weeks ! i dont want to end up with a skinny bitch , but on the other hand ,after once having a bitch whelping hude pups im in need of help from other breeders , advice please
mum was in very good shape at matting time , she still enjoys her excersise
so ive not got problems really!! just interested what other breeders have to say
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: feeding during pregnancy   feeding during pregnancy Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 9:18 am

what we do is scan and then decide how much to "up" the food by

for example when daisy was scanned we saw 7 pups, so she was allowed to eat her 3 meals a day of puppy food plus she was give as much extra as she wanted from week 6 until the pups were weaned ( she would have 6 boiled eggs and 6 sausages as a snack about 11 am and by 1pm was looking asif she was going to starve!)

destiny had one pup so we decided she would have no extra food at all and would just get 3 meals of puppy food a day plus the odd treat or extra bite of something nice, no more than what she would have had if she werent pregnant, her puppy was born on the due date and we had her scanned a week before she was due to check the puppys size, at that point ( 8 days from her due day) the puppy was normal sized possibly abit small so i was happy to go ahead and try a natural birth....... he arrived on time and came breech, the puppy was twice the size i expected him to be and more! he got stuck she stopped contracting and i managed to pull him out after a few mins of waiting to see if she would contract........ the puppies deffo take what they need from mum regardless of food intake i think this proves..... he doubled in size in 8 days and was estimated at 550g a week before birth and was born 1120g Shocked

what i always do is scan...... one for conformation of pups and a rough idea of how many and one a week before due date to have a peek and see how we are doing ( nice to measure and see heart beats and see how fast they are beating etc)

if you find a good scanner then they are worth there weight in gold.....

Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: feeding during pregnancy   feeding during pregnancy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

feeding during pregnancy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Owning a saint :: Food and nutrition-
Jump to: