Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Purina One Large Breed Dog Food?

Go down 
+2
sandra w
Saints4Life
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Saints4Life

Saints4Life

Purina One Large Breed Dog Food? Empty
PostSubject: Purina One Large Breed Dog Food?   Purina One Large Breed Dog Food? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 6:57 pm

Anyone feed this? What are your thoughts on it?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
http://www.saints4lifesaintbernards.webs.com
sandra w

sandra w

PostSubject: purina   Purina One Large Breed Dog Food? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:25 pm

Ive used this food & found it ok its a tricky subject & to be honest ive used quite a few brands including royal canin & to be honest cant tell the difference in most of them I now use an unbranded supreium food and its just as good & half the price. Ive looked at what there is in the foods & most have the same things in. THIS IS JUST MY THOUGHTS ok.
Back to top Go down
Baldylocks

Baldylocks

PostSubject: Re: Purina One Large Breed Dog Food?   Purina One Large Breed Dog Food? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:30 pm

i don't go all out on expensive foods either, i found a food my boy was happy with, he gets that with meat juices, or chicken or gravy etc on them and he is perfectly fine.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: Purina One Large Breed Dog Food?   Purina One Large Breed Dog Food? Icon_minitimeThu May 28, 2009 9:48 pm

i have not used this food myself but i do know somebody who tried it, she found her dogs to be alot more full of energy to the point of hyper,

ive changed foods 3 times to find the one i think is the best for us , its holistic and seems to be doing very well on my dogs there is a improvement in both there coats and the amout of waste they produce which will never be a bad thing!!! Embarassed

ive also found i need to feed less than the foods before as it is filled with good ingredients rather than cheap fillers, i add to there meal every day some part boiled veg and they often get liver and eggs as topping for veriety dispite it being a complete food, i just think they would soon become bored as we would of having the same meal every day!
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Jim Clancy

Jim Clancy

PostSubject: Re: Purina One Large Breed Dog Food?   Purina One Large Breed Dog Food? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 12:35 am

i've started using orijen in the last 5 or 6 weeks. I like it, they seem to have better muscle tone and stools are good. It seems to be more filling for them so you don't need to give as much. My lot get tripe with it too. I think it's good stuff but bloody pricey lol! I get it from zooplus and get free delivery if you buy a certain amount.
Back to top Go down
lora

lora

PostSubject: Re: Purina One Large Breed Dog Food?   Purina One Large Breed Dog Food? Icon_minitimeSun Jun 07, 2009 2:02 pm

Orijin is absolutely outrageous in price here as well, but it is an awesome food! Any time you cut out the grains in a dogs diet it is beneficial. Dogs, and humans for that matter are not intended to eat grains like corn. They are used as fillers and are high in sugar. Its like giving your kid pez or pixie sticks when you feed them high grain content. When you look at your ingredient list the first few ingredients should be meat, not corn or other fillers.

Orijin, Taste of the Wild, Evo, Blue Buffalo, Natural Balance or Wellness foods are all great foods. All are grain free with simple ingredient lists and many have varieties with novel proteins for dogs that have allergy and/or digestive issues.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsthedogslife.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purina One Large Breed Dog Food?   Purina One Large Breed Dog Food? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Purina One Large Breed Dog Food?
Page 1 of 1