Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Help needed PLEASE !!!!!!

Go down 
+3
lorri
KazzF
Bailey
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Bailey

Bailey

Help needed PLEASE !!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Help needed PLEASE !!!!!!   Help needed PLEASE !!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 10:37 am

My boy is a brilliant dog, the only problem I have with him is when I go walking with him he lunges at other dogs, he is not at all vicious and lives with 3 yorkshire terriers but obviously because of the size of him when people see him trying to get to their dog they panic. I think he is only trying to get to say hello but as I said the other owners panic. I have tried every thing, when he was young he had all of his puppy training classes and passed them with flying colours but over the last year or so he has been doing this so the only time I can walk him is very early in the morning and very late at night when there arn't any other dogs around. Can anyone help ?
Back to top Go down
KazzF

KazzF

PostSubject: Re: Help needed PLEASE !!!!!!   Help needed PLEASE !!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 11:56 am

Hi there
I would suggest walking him on a dogmatic halter or something similar attached to a collar and lead. There is a recent thread on here
under general discussion I think and I posted a link to the dogmatic website. These are the best type of halters for a saint as they don't
move up under the eyes.
It will definitely stop the lunging as you will have total control and it makes walking so much more pleasurable.
Hope this helps

Karen
Back to top Go down
http://www.lanleadanestbernards.co.uk
lorri

lorri

PostSubject: Re: Help needed PLEASE !!!!!!   Help needed PLEASE !!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 3:08 pm

Hi Im with karen on that one money well spent i can walk the 2 of mine on my own couldnt do that without dogmatic

Lorri
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

PostSubject: Re: Help needed PLEASE !!!!!!   Help needed PLEASE !!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 28, 2011 8:10 pm

Dogmatics all the way!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk
Bailey

Bailey

PostSubject: Thank you   Help needed PLEASE !!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:47 am

Yes I have been using a Halti for bailey which helped a little but as you rightly say it moves up under his eyes and I worry about it damaging them. I've tried all forms of control products figure of headcollars and full chest harness etc etc, but I have never heard of the dogmatic. I was reading the general discussions yesterday and read about them, so I ordered one yesterday, but thanks for confirming this for me.
Back to top Go down
karis109

karis109

PostSubject: Dogmatic   Help needed PLEASE !!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:22 pm

Can you take a dog to a show with a dogmatic on and then take it off once your about to show or does this take points away from the dog being shown?

Thanks
Lou x
Back to top Go down
http://www.partyplanz.co.uk
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: Help needed PLEASE !!!!!!   Help needed PLEASE !!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 6:25 pm

you can take them into the show on one but not into the ring
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: Help needed PLEASE !!!!!!   Help needed PLEASE !!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Jul 20, 2012 8:25 pm

Hi Lou ...

I use a Dogmatic to walk all my lot generally & also into the showgrounds. I believe there isnt actually anything in writing or any 'rule' to say you cannot show a dog wearing a head collar. It just doesn't look so good LOL
Back to top Go down
Tracy Marlow

Tracy Marlow

PostSubject: Re: Help needed PLEASE !!!!!!   Help needed PLEASE !!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 2:21 pm

I got dogmatic collars for both of mine - they were a bit of a handful without - what a difference, they now plod along and dont lurch at anything - well worth the money
Back to top Go down
karis109

karis109

PostSubject: Dogmatic   Help needed PLEASE !!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 22, 2012 9:32 pm

Ok I have ordered one...actually shes quite good on a lead, just gets very excited and wants to play with the dogs next to her when she is standing around waiting to do her stuff Smile Ive been told this will calm down as she gets older but im not so sure....

Lou x
Back to top Go down
http://www.partyplanz.co.uk
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: Help needed PLEASE !!!!!!   Help needed PLEASE !!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 2:06 pm

i had no idea you could show in a dogmatic kathy.... i assumed you couldnt i dont know why
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help needed PLEASE !!!!!!   Help needed PLEASE !!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help needed PLEASE !!!!!!
Page 1 of 1