Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Possible reaction?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
rinnie69

rinnie69

Possible reaction? Empty
PostSubject: Possible reaction?   Possible reaction? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 12:25 pm

I bought some sculcap and valerian for the boys with the impending firework season upon us, as Indi isn't stressed by it but does go all' me Tarzan you Jane 'and barks in protest. This however does set Phoenix off and he's an anxious chap at the best of times.
I started the boys on Saturday morning, Phoe had 3 doses and Indi just 2 as his need is not as great, last dose at 6 pm, by the time i got home at 10pm, Indi had had a severe coughing fit, he coughed intemitently all through til monday lunch. I stopped the tabs for him and within 4 hours his cough had dissapeared.... Bizzare, So it just makes me wonder if it was the tabs , as it came on when he started them and stopped when i stopped them??
Phoenix is fine no cough in sight
what do you think?
Back to top Go down
lora

lora

Possible reaction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible reaction?   Possible reaction? Icon_minitimeTue Nov 02, 2010 5:18 pm

Is he a heavy self groomer? This time of year they are molting (for lack of a better term) to get their winter coats in and Rufus will cough after heaving grooming sessions from what the vet described as a "hairball" and was nothing to be concerned about. Could this possibly be the culprit?
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsthedogslife.com
rinnie69

rinnie69

Possible reaction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible reaction?   Possible reaction? Icon_minitimeWed Nov 03, 2010 1:03 pm

yes he is Lora, it just concerned me that it started at the time i gave the meds, he has coughed since on occasion, so hopefully it is hairball.
Back to top Go down
lora

lora

Possible reaction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible reaction?   Possible reaction? Icon_minitimeThu Nov 04, 2010 8:53 pm

I bet that is the issue then. I was concerned Rufus was developing cardiac cough and the vet said it sounds differently. Lets hope thats all it is, and sounds like it probably is. hugs
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsthedogslife.com
Sponsored content

Possible reaction? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible reaction?   Possible reaction? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible reaction?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Owning a saint :: Saint bernard Healthcare-
Jump to: