Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

mismarked puppies and selling them!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

mismarked puppies and selling them! Empty
PostSubject: mismarked puppies and selling them!   mismarked puppies and selling them! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 6:19 am

how many english breeders sell mismarked puppies for a cheaper price than "correctly marked" st bernards

are they really worth any less?? after all its just the markings??

just wondered what breeders think??

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: mismarked puppies and selling them!   mismarked puppies and selling them! Icon_minitimeWed Jun 02, 2010 8:55 am

well, i've never charged any less & I know several other breeders that are also well known that haven't either.

I've even had one owner ask how much a mismark was as they thought they were more expensive because they were so different looking & they thought it was 'rare' for them to be like that & would therefore cost more.

At the end of the day, it is STILL a PEDIGREE dog ... bred the same way with the same pedigree as its full marked siblings ... why should it be any less?
Back to top Go down
The Shire

The Shire

PostSubject: Re: mismarked puppies and selling them!   mismarked puppies and selling them! Icon_minitimeSun Jun 06, 2010 5:08 am

Our friend (breeder) does charge less for a mismarked puppy working on the understanding that the puppy will probably not be shown, or if it is taken into the showring, despite being probably an excellent dog in all other respects, a lot of judges will "knock it back" because the markings are not what they want (even though in many cases it may well meet the breed standard).

Folks, don't get me started on this subject as I will rant and rant! Any of you that know Mack, my middle dog, will understand what I'm talking about.

Ali
Back to top Go down
sue

sue

PostSubject: Re: mismarked puppies and selling them!   mismarked puppies and selling them! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:49 am

we sell mis marks for the same price they get the same love and attention as the others and providing the black is all the way around the eye they are still a saint. have found that the mis marks are usually the first to sell
Back to top Go down
http://www.lusanne.co.nz
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: mismarked puppies and selling them!   mismarked puppies and selling them! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

mismarked puppies and selling them!
Page 1 of 1