Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

hyperactive dog

Go down 
+2
Mawreddog
cart5832002
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cart5832002

cart5832002

hyperactive dog Empty
PostSubject: hyperactive dog   hyperactive dog Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:23 am

hi, for the last couple of day murphy my male seems to be really hyper and excited. hes never been a quiet lazy dog but have noticed an increase in energy levels. it seems to have coincided with a change of food. murphy and heidi have been having mainly tripe with mixer for a while but with the hot weather i just couldnt stand the smell so changed both of them to minced chicken a couple of days ago. they love it but i think it must be more filling for them as they both left some of their last meal yesterday. does anyone think that this has anything to do with his energy levels? mandy
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

hyperactive dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperactive dog   hyperactive dog Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:09 am

I've never had a problem like that with chicken to be honest.. chicken is as bland as they come!
The only time I had a hyper problem was when I fed some youngsters RC Junior.. they were hideous lol!!!

Has Murphy recently been nuetered? Sorry memory isnt great! If he has, could be that he's feeling all better & full of the joys again....
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk
cart5832002

cart5832002

hyperactive dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperactive dog   hyperactive dog Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:15 am

hi heather, i had just left u a message on fb. no murphy hasnt been neutered his bits are all there lol. hes always been very lively compared to heidi but it just seems more so the last couple of days and i think heidi sometimes gets a bit peed off with him. he has exactly the same kind and amount of food as her, perhaps its just a boy thing and a phase hes going thru but hope he hurrys up and packs it in lol. thanks. mandy
Back to top Go down
rinnie69

rinnie69

hyperactive dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperactive dog   hyperactive dog Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:20 pm

sounds like s spring bounce to me, Phoenix gets a bit full on in spring, although since he was castrated he is much calmer , it has made a difference
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

hyperactive dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperactive dog   hyperactive dog Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 1:27 pm

is your bitch comming into season - or someones bitch near by?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
cart5832002

cart5832002

hyperactive dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperactive dog   hyperactive dog Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 3:17 pm

no cheri heidi has not long since been in season. a bitch 4 doors up has been tho. they are not very responsible owners and it roams round the streets a lot of the time. they have seemed to try a bit better to keep it in while she has been in season but i have seen it out a few times. actually murphy seems a teeny weeny bit calmer today so hope it was just a phase. just as i finished typing that last sentence he bounced over to heidi grabbing her ears, he always seems to be on the lookout for mischief. they have both just had their teas and heidi always goes and lies down after but it seems to give murphy an energy boost. maybe he will settle down when hes older lol
Back to top Go down
BernieSaintBernard

hyperactive dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperactive dog   hyperactive dog Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 1:11 pm

Moderate exercise in the morning can lessen the dog's hyperactivity for the day. This is one way of using the dog's extra energy.
Back to top Go down
Henry44

hyperactive dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperactive dog   hyperactive dog Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 8:43 am

We all are facing the problem with hyperactive dogs?
Statistics shows that there are more and more hyperactive dogs these days. The exact causes are not known, but some veterinarians suspect that food and the environment are two big contributing factors. Dog hyperactivity or aggression can be a huge headache for owners - sometimes to the point where they can no longer handle the dog and have to give him up.
But how do we define "dog hyperactivity"? Many dogs that are regarded as hyperactive are in fact very normal. They may just have a lot of pent-up energy due to a lack of exercise; or they are by nature active and energetic due to their breed.

Some True "hyperactivity" in dogs is a medical condition, but it is rather rare. If you dog shows the following symptoms, then he may have true hyperactivity and it is time to bring him to a veterinarian:
Compulsive movements (e.g. chasing own tail, spinning in circles)
Frantic abnormal behavior
Restlessness
Non-stop movement and panting
Dog's eyes are unfocused

We are what we eat. So are our dogs! There is increasing evidence that animal behavior is closely related to the food consumed. In particular, there is a direct link between sugar consumption and such behaviors as hyperactivity, restlessness, and aggression. Other food chemicals such as preservatives, additives, and artificial colorings also contribute to hyperactivity and other abberant behaviors. Make sure, therefore, that sugar and other food chemicals are not present in your dog's food. Consider changing the diet of your hyperactive dog to a wholesome, natural, and organic diet.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

hyperactive dog Empty
PostSubject: Re: hyperactive dog   hyperactive dog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

hyperactive dog
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Owning a saint :: Food and nutrition-
Jump to: