Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

fish4dogs any one use it?

Go down 
+4
Ali Fish4Dogs
BeBe
droolakiss
ourfairview
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

fish4dogs any one use it? Empty
PostSubject: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 09, 2010 1:06 pm

as above really! does anyone use fish4dogs food and if so what are your thoughts on it???

i brought a small bag and mine really really like it- i have to say the kibble is small but as mine all eat slowly its not such a big problem for us

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
droolakiss

droolakiss

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 16, 2010 1:43 pm

yes we currently have a litter of danes on fish 4 puppies doing really well but the kibble is a bit small
Back to top Go down
http://droolakiss.co.uk
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:03 am

yes we have the puppie food and the kibble is small- they do a standard size for adult but not a larger size for puppies...........shame

cheri
Back to top Go down
droolakiss

droolakiss

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 11:41 am

I am going to email them as I think they need to make a larger kibble for giant breeds. Spoke to their vet the other day and she said to keep my pups on this tiny kibble until 6 months of age, which is not possible at that size. Perhaps if enough of us with giant breeds mention it they might make a suitable kibble!
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeSun Jan 17, 2010 1:55 pm

was thinking the same thing- i will email them tomorrow!

cheri
Back to top Go down
droolakiss

droolakiss

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 22, 2010 11:27 pm

did you get a reply from them?
Back to top Go down
BeBe

BeBe

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 23, 2010 4:21 pm

Hi there!

I'm also interested in this food for Han - and also intend to e-mail them about kibble size - but I think I may try and get hold of a sample of their standard size kibble first as the puppy size is not relevant for Han!

One question that comes to my mind is the use of potato starch in this and some other complete foods.

When I started out with Bernards about 12 years ago, I was told that 'potato should never be given'! It was never explained WHY! Do you know anything about this? I'd be really interested to know what could have been behind that!

Could you give me the contact details of the person you e-mailed so that I can launch my 'kibble size attack' on the same person for maximum effect!!! Thanks!

Anon
BeBe
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeThu Feb 18, 2010 12:21 pm

fish4dogs will be doing a large kibble for puppies

droolakiss how are your puppies doing on fish4dogs?

ive given my cat there salmon moose pouches and she loves them, when on special offer of bogof for the big boxes it worked out at 18p per pouch much better than what we normally get her at 69p per pouch

same price for the puppy pouches aswell!

cheri
Back to top Go down
droolakiss

droolakiss

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 19, 2010 6:11 pm

fish4dogs told us conflicting information on mixing the adult food and to use greedy gulper dishes because of the small kibble size! who told you they will be making a large kibble? the last they told me was they are a small company and if you dont like it go away basically so we switched to eukanuba
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 11:22 am

they seamed nothing but nice every time i call,

i dont know the name of who said it but it was just the lady who takes my order, she didnt say large kibble she said standard kibble instead of the small puppie klibble, so it would be the size of the standard food which is fine to me!

shame its gone a different route for you ive just brought some oil from them aswell on offer working out very cheap compared to normal prices!

cheri
Back to top Go down
BeBe

BeBe

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2010 3:36 pm

Hi there!!

I'm trying the adult fish for dogs with Hannibal.

He's been having a very small amount of the adult salmon with his normal food and will now be trying the sardine version - which I'm introducing extremely gradually as they have warned that it is very rich.

I find the adult/standard size kibble acceptable from a size point of view - it's lovely and crunchy and Hannibal certainly seemed to enjoy the salmon.

Sorry to hear that the Droolakiss experience of f4d has not been so good!

BeBe
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeFri May 07, 2010 4:17 pm

just a update

we have raised deedee on fish4dogs ( the first puppy raised on it) she is doing really well growing steady and looks great

she is also on the salmon sos oil which i brought on special offer ive also put the newfie on the same diet and her coat looks great aswell

we have tried the salmon mousse they love it but it barely goes anywhere with all the dogs!

the cat is on the dry food normally but is having a mixture as she is feeding her kittens- she loves the salmon mousse

fish4dogs as a company have been great !!!orders arrive prompty- my missing order of oil was sent out with no fuss, im being sent "kitten packs" which they dont normally do and they also sent free food for the cat when they knew she was pregnant and weaning 15kilos for the puppies when i had the litter

they do give breeders discount and free delivery on all orders

i think the food and company so far are great

i would love to see a puppy large bite kibble it would be so much better but as yet no problems!

cheri
Back to top Go down
Ali Fish4Dogs

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 8:41 am

Hi,

I hope you don't mind me joining your discussion, I confess that I do not own a St Bernard but I happened to pick up on your thread about Fish4Dogs.

It is quite correct that we are close to launching a large kibble puppy food - hopefully just a month or so away. Back in February we were not in a position to give false hope to owners of large or giant breed dogs, although very much taking on board the many requests to address this area of the market.

We are now, I am delighted to advise, just putting the finishing touches to the marketing of this new product to our range. I believe that the kibble will be of similar size to our adult food, maybe a slightly different more oval, flatter shape.

If all goes according to plan we should have it available in June and I would be delighted to send sample product to anyone who is interested. The recipe will be the same as our current food, it will simply be a larger kibble for bigger mouths.

In answer to the question over why potato is chosen as our carbohydrate source, I hope that the following fully answers your question;

Potato is our carbohydrate of choice as it is rarely associated with food sensitivity. Potato delivers a good source of nutrition and is generally extremely well accepted ensuring good palatability throughout our complete food range. The potato is 'gelatinised' during the cooking process which enables it to be readily digested. The potato that is used within Fish4Dogs recipes is suitable for human consumption.

May I take this opportunity to thank you for your very kind words about Fish4Dogs and for any one who has had reservations over the appropriateness of our products for your pets I do hope that I have addressed your concerns.

Ali
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:03 am

Hi Ali

Thank you for sharing the info about your product, its always handy to know whats going on in the dogfood industry Very Happy

I would love to receive samples of your new product when it launches. I have recently joined your breeder programme, but i was concerned over the small kibble. I did intend to come to your stand at birmingham National, to collect some samples for our Saints (all 12 of them!!) & have a chat with you all, but alas I didnt quite make it!
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:13 am

thanks for that ali!

kathy get some of the oil!!! it makes the coats look lovely!!! ( diesel doesnt have one at all at the moment - and they say smooths dont moult!!!)

our 2 babies are doing fine on the kibble however we do mix meat into it

the whole gang loves the treats and the cat is very happy with her mousse!

cheri
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 10:57 am

Thanks Cheri ... at the moment their coats are fab on what I currently feed & the bonus is they keep their weights up without having to give them loads (I feed a 'premium' food).

I tend not to 'try' too much when looking at other feeds, incase of stomach upset, which is something on my current food they don't get either.

Once im happy with a sample bag to feed 'A' dog on & see results, then i tend to move the others one by one over to make sure that im happy with the results on all the dogs.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 11:07 am

I suppose i forget anout tummy upsets (touch wood!) none of mine have ever had poorly tummies no matter what they eat - daisy helps herself to rabbits that she catches herself! fish4dogs any one use it? Kopfschuettel

i have been given a few bags of other foods and never have a problem! suppose they are just lucky!!!

the salmon oil does show a improvement in coats after about 2 weeks - diesel looked lovely but is now TOTALLY BALD!!! you can see his skin on his thighs!!! thank god we havent got any shows for a while!!!

and the puppy packs are really nice too!!! fish4dogs any one use it? Lol

cheri
Back to top Go down
rinnie69

rinnie69

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:40 pm

total confession i have never heard of it, where can i get some samples from does anyone know ?
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeTue May 18, 2010 1:55 pm

either pm ali or go to www.fish4dogs.com
Back to top Go down
rinnie69

rinnie69

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeWed May 19, 2010 9:46 am

thanks, cheers
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 7:34 am

Did you get some to try Rinnie?

I have only just seen the post lol!

Someone in Ireland told me about the salmon oil which is good for coats so I ordered some of that as the Golden's coat was looking like straw after I had blasted it every day for months as he was swimming in the swamp.. after 5 weeks it does seem to have made a difference for him..

In the meantime Sweetpea (Madam Accident Prone) had gone so bum high on her other food (Orijen Lge Breed Pup) there was nearly 4" between the front & the back end!!! To complicate things she then dislcoated her elbow & the difference in heights from the front & back made her even lamer in front. She was 4 months then, younger than I would usually swap to adult food, so I had a nose at the protein levels of about 20 foods & the Fish4dogs complete Sardine (adult) has 23% protein & 14% oil.

She has been on this a month now & absolutely loves it & her front end is now only maybe 1.5" lower than her backend.
Possibly coincidence?? Not sure.... but every 1 of the 10 dogs I have at the moment loves this food.. the only other food they will all eat is Orijen

In an ideal world I would feed complete raw.. however I can't be doing with the kitchen looking like a butchers shop twice a day... and in this hot weather the smell of tripe makes me heave.
For those that have more than 3 or 4 dogs trying to find 1 food that suits everyone & doesn't require a 2nd mortgage is a nightmare.. with some high energy, some shown, some young, some old.. you get the idea!!

At the moment I feed complete in the morning & raw at night & use both Orijen & Fish4dogs & its been the least wasteful, most beneficial way of feeding them so far, they all look good & it all gets eaten.. the size of this kibble has never presented me with a problem, but then none of mine will eat the golf ball sized adult Royal Canin food!!!

I would consider weaning a litter onto the puppy food but would be a bit wide eyed at the 3-6 month age as the protein in the puppy food is 30% & after the Sweetpea bum high performance, wonder if that would happen with the puppy food.

Did you have this problem with your Danes Droolakiss? Am not sure if Danes are do the bum high thing anyway?

p.s.. anyone worried that 'fussy' eaters wouldnt like it.. Mardy Maisy wolfs this down.... fussiest dog on the planet...
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:48 am

I tend to worry over protein levels too, & have raised the last 2 litters on my best find (everyone eats it & have great body & coats & havent been blowing so often on this either) which is Arden Grange & we find its economical to use as you dont need to feed buckets of it to keep weight up or add loads of extras for good coats.

Although The puppy food is 29% protein & 18% Oil, the pups have all grown level, i haven in the 2 litters had any go through the bum high stage as yet. The full breakdown to compare is: Protein 29%, Oil 18%, Fibre 3%, Ash 6%, Moisture 8%, Omega6 4.1%, Omega3 0.7%, Vitamin A 20000 IU/kg, Vitamin D3 1350 IU/kg, Vitamin E 135 IU/kg, Calcium 1.3%, Phosphorous P 0.85%, Copper 22 mg/kg (as Cupric Sulphate).

They are all now on adult food which i swapped to at 5 mths, and again they are growing well still, with good body weights & lovely coats. The breakdown for the Adult is Protein 25%, Oil 16%, Fibre 2%, Ash 8.5%, Moisture 8%, Omega6 3.5%, Omega3 0.4%, Vitamin A 15000 IU/kg, Vitamin D3 1500 IU/kg, Vitamin E 80 IU/kg, Calcium 1.53%, Phosphorous P 1.1%, Copper 20 mg/kg (as Cupric Sulphate). So the protein is still a bit higher than most cheaper foods, the oil is good too, but i am finding it hard to break away from a food that suits them all & have them all growing level & steady with good body, muscle & coats & plenty of energy.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeFri May 28, 2010 6:56 am

i have a saint pup and a newfie pup on fish4dogs

the saint isnt bum high the newfie is!!!

i use the salmon oil every day with both dogs and it made a difference quite abit faster than with heathers dog!?

diesel has totally blown his coat and is a naked looking rspca case- he is on the oil once a day and i will be keeping note on how long it takes to get his coat back- i have his other coat blows written down aswell so will be easy to compare

all in all- this company to me seems like they listen ( large kibble puppy on its way- kitten packs are going to be made etc ) and take note of what we as owners/breeders want and need

that to me is very important, along with someone who is happy whenever you call- ( not what i had with the other food i used!!!)

i was also warned several times how the sardine could cause upset tums- again i know this but still thoughtfull of them!

and when i asked about using the sardene for my pups now- i was put on to a vet nurse fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_cheers

very pleased with this food

raised the last litter on half fish4dogs half proplan and then kept one on proplan and one on fish for dogs - now both on fish4dogs!!

will be raising my next litter on fish4dogs and mince

cheri
Back to top Go down
Ali Fish4Dogs

PostSubject: Large kibble puppy food   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 11:34 am

Hi everyone,

Further to earlier discussions, I thought that I would let you know that Fish4Dogs has just launched a Large Bite Kibble for puppies.

It is available as Finest Fish Large Bite 1.5kg and 12kg or Puppy Complete Large Bite 15kg. The pricing is the same as the original Finest Fish4Puppies and original Puppy Complete.

If you would like more detailed information do please contact me directly on ali@fish4dogs.com

Whilst writing, Fish4Dogs are keen to extend it's Tasting Panel. If anyone is interested in joining this rather special & very tasty opportunity do please drop me a line with the number of dogs, breeds, age and names. We may have 2-3 tastings a year and would welcome as many volunteers of varying sizes & ages as we can. bounce
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Ah sign me up, I have the fussiest pack of dogs on this planet!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: fish4dogs any one use it?   fish4dogs any one use it? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

fish4dogs any one use it?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next