Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The Shire

The Shire

In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph) Empty
PostSubject: In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph)   In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:11 pm

In memory of our beautiful dog Quill who died tragically at 13 months due to a freak accident. We adored this dog more than words can say and still miss him terribly. Occasionally we still see glimpses of him in our other Bernards and this always make us smile. Our newest recruit is sired by Quill's brother and so we expect big things of him and he is already beginning to resemble his uncle.

For the first 8 weeks of his life Quill was known by us as "Inkpot" due to his amazing freckles and the way his face looked like he had stuck his nose into a pot of ink. When Quill came to live with us it was obvious that we had to think of a more sophisticated name for him and instead of the inkwell we opted for the quill!

Our darling boy:

In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph) Testimonial_5a_thmIn Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph) Testimonial_5c_thm
Back to top Go down
lorri

lorri

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph)   In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 7:58 pm

Im so sorry for your loss he was gorgeous its hard to lose a dog but when they are young i think it hurts even more we lost berni a week before her first birthday and we now have her litter sister which is lovely.

Lorri x
Back to top Go down
The Shire

The Shire

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph)   In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:35 pm

Hi Lorri,

thanks for your kind words. You're right - loosing any dog at a young age always seems to be so unfair and, I know we shouldn't, but you can't help comparing your lost loves to your current ones, can you? I've already caught myself calling our new puppy Quill by accident and he's only been with us 2.5 weeks!
Back to top Go down
Marles

Marles

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph)   In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph) Icon_minitimeWed Sep 30, 2009 8:58 pm

My friend just lost her bitch in a freak accident, a finnish laphund, awful.. so understand your pain, although, whatever age, circumstance etc etc x
Back to top Go down
The Shire

The Shire

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph)   In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph) Icon_minitimeThu Oct 01, 2009 9:47 am

Can hardly believe that it's nearly 2 years ago now since our boy left us, seems like yesterday really, funny how you remember every little detail. You often hear of people being unlucky and it seems, with some of our dogs at least, we definitely are. The bizarre circumstances that led to Quill's death involved a breezy day, a neighbour's washing on the line blowing off, a tea towel landing in our Bernard's kennel, our boys messing around with it, Quill eating it and then not being poorly until a week later - we had no idea what had happened until he had come out of emergency surgery! Unfortuantely he died in recovery from the trauma of the whole event, but who could have dreamed up that set of events? I guess some would say it's a prime example of chaos theory, where little details all add up to create a unique set of circumstances - on another day the wind wouldn't have blown that towel off the line, or would have blown it further down the garden or the boys would have been in the house and not outside etc. etc. etc!
We know it's no use dwelling on things and horrible stuff just sometimes happens, so we remember Quill as the gorgeous, gentle, caring soul he was.
Back to top Go down
Dreams

Dreams

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph)   In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph) Icon_minitimeFri Oct 02, 2009 8:28 pm

My English is bad,
but i want to see i'am sorry you last your best friend,
that's hurts,
we think about you !!!

Best regards Bianca
Back to top Go down
http://www.sintbernard.eu
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph)   In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

In Memory of Quill (Grimoire Gandalph)
Page 1 of 1