Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

show forgetfulness!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

show forgetfulness!!! Empty
PostSubject: show forgetfulness!!!   show forgetfulness!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 10, 2009 10:34 am

if you ask me to tell you how to show i can.....
yet i cant get over how when i went in the ring with diesel i forgot EVERYTHING im glad i wasnt asked my name or diesels!( birmingham)
normally im very confident ive confronted loads of people i always stand up for what i believe no matter what and im not generally scared of anything other than my kids being hurt( dogs and children!) im brave about pain - i gave birth to both babies at home ! i dont take being bullied when cornered i will fight back! i will stick up for my friends and family without a 2nd thought !
YET i forgot everything! why??? NERVES !
does this happen to everyone at the start of showing?
i wasnt sad i didnt win - i knew i wouldnt i was fine as soon as i stepped out of the ring! i wasnt scared of the judge or the other dog in the ring or his owner !
im looking forward to taking all 4 to the united show yet wonder if the same thing will happen??
i must be mad!!!
cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: show forgetfulness!!!   show forgetfulness!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 8:15 pm

great i must be the only one!
Back to top Go down
The Shire

The Shire

PostSubject: Controlling Your Nerves at Shows   show forgetfulness!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:28 am

Hi Cheri,

I can assure you that you are not the only one who suffers with chronic nervousness in the show ring. I am known by my friends as "the amazing shaking woman" because I too am horrifically nervous when showing my dogs - even when I'm not handling personally! Wherever possible I ask my friend Andy Forman to handle for me, in fact half the other exhibitors are convinced that Andy is actually my husband (he isn't, my husband is the one smiling encouragingly and giving me a running commentary when Mack is performing, as I can't even look at what's happening in the ring). I handled Mack for his first 2 shows, both champ shows and I was absolutely terrified, to make matters worse he qualified for Crufts at his second show. For the week before Crufts I couldn't sleep and had to be put on medication, the night before I didn't even bother going to bed and was sick twice before we left the house. It was a good job that we were in Special Junior and showing early that day as by mid afternoon I was so poorly that we had to leave the NEC early - chronic migraine and more vomitting. The best part about the whole affair? I wasn't even handling!!!!

The 20 million dollar question you're now wondering is - does it get better? Honestly, yes, things ease off a little more everytime you go to a show. So, at this rate, I may be semi-confident by the year 2020!

We are bringing Mack to the United Bernard Club show tomorrow and so I'm already panicking, but I'll come over and say hi if you're also entered with that lovely puppy of yours (we did see you at Newark a few weeks ago when your friend handled for you).

Take care

Ali
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: show forgetfulness!!!   show forgetfulness!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 25, 2009 8:44 am

hi ali!

so glad someone replied and im not alone!

you must come and say hello

it was diesel at newark he will be there tomorrow along with 3 others i must be mad lol!

i really enjoy showing when im not handling lol

cheri
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

PostSubject: Re: show forgetfulness!!!   show forgetfulness!!! Icon_minitimeFri Oct 22, 2010 8:42 pm

Am interested to know whether handling has got any easier for you Ali - in terms of the throwing up stakes?!!

I'm sure I've seen somewhere on here you've been entered at some shows over the summer but I haven't met you yet to ask LOL

Heather
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: show forgetfulness!!!   show forgetfulness!!! Icon_minitimeSat Oct 23, 2010 11:56 am

ali handles really well- even if she dont feel she does! i have to say i havent seen her being sick!!! thank god as it would start me aswell!!!

goose has looked wonderfull over the summer and is turning into a wonderful man.....

cheri
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: show forgetfulness!!!   show forgetfulness!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

show forgetfulness!!!
Page 1 of 1