Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I cant believe im posting this!

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
henoushka

I cant believe im posting this! Empty
PostSubject: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:57 am

Im sat here in tears as i type as it looks very possible i will be looking for a new home for my Beloved Anoushka.
Things have been getting slowely worse here and its her that is going to suffer for it.
Let me try to explain...
I have an 8 month old baby which she is fantastic with however it has become almost impossible to walk her as if anyone walks past she tries to jump on them, she is absolutely not aggressive in any way infact quite submissive but i cant walk her and my husband has been doing double shifts for a while now due to be out of work for 9 months and getting into serious debt. This means Anoushka is stuck in a little house and garden which wasnt a problem when she was walked twice a day.

We will only let her go if she goes to someone who has St experience and has the room for her to run and play, i would also like her to go with at least one other dog as she has always been with my Setter.
Lora knows Anoushka and can vouch for her excellent nature.
Anoushka isnt speyed but wont have papers.

I will also only rehome her to someone who can have at least one recomendation from one other person either on here or within the St world.

Sorry to sound so fussy but this is the worst thing i have ever had to do.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:18 am

hi so sorry you are looking for a new home for your dog

i know you will have thought of this already but can you not find a dog walker or even a local person with a dog who will help take yours out at the same time if you explain the situation?

no one with a dog would want this to happen to them so may be worth asking around with the people you meet on your walks normally?

cheri xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
henoushka

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:24 am

there are 2 problems here
1. as i already mentioned is the serious amount of debt we are in due to hubby being out of work so long
2. there is nobody i would trust to walk her being the big girl she is.
We are still trying to think of other ways round it before we make that final decision.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:34 am

if my friends dog needed walking or rehoming id walk it FOR FREE

maybe its worth just asking about???

as for her size yes i see what you mean but there must be someone used to big dogs your way???

its such a shame, if its just a case of needing walking

cheri
Back to top Go down
henoushka

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:42 am

thankyou, im going to ask around and see if there is anyone round here that can help first,
thanks
Back to top Go down
henoushka

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 10:34 am

Well i cant believe it, i have just spoken to a friend of mine and she has offered to take her 2 days once a fortnight at hers to play with her 14 other dogs, both my dogs go there only holiday when we go away so they all know eachother, this will be a good start in giving Anoushka some fun time and lots of run around and play space, now i just need to see what i can sort out for the rest of the time, wish me luck!
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 11:14 am

i do wish you the best of luck i hope some doggy friends can pull toghter and help out! it wont be long until its sorted!

cheri
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Thats great news!!

As another thought, have you seen the Dogmatic head collar? They are fab, we use them alot & it stops them from pulling & are a godsend. That may be a help for you too.
Back to top Go down
henoushka

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:09 pm

Saintlvr wrote:
Thats great news!!

As another thought, have you seen the Dogmatic head collar? They are fab, we use them alot & it stops them from pulling & are a godsend. That may be a help for you too.

thankyou, do you have a link where i can get one please.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:11 pm

Back to top Go down
henoushka

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 2:44 pm

thankyou
wish us luck Very Happy
Back to top Go down
BeBe

BeBe

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:15 pm

Hi there!

Where abouts are you Henoushka?

I'd be happy to take your girl for walks for free - I'm used to big, strong Saints but I'm in West Norfolk - would that be any good to you?

BeBe
Back to top Go down
henoushka

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 3:17 pm

awe thankyou that is so sweet but we are just outside Bristol!!
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 8:20 pm

We had to get a dogmatic when distraction techinques didn't work for Maisy & she dragged me down a 50ft bank after a squirrel.
Its psychological with her now, we put it on & she is good as gold.
These are so effective my daughter could confidently walk Maisy even with a small furry in the vacinity.
Be prepared when you get one & put it on,. the 1st few times they tend to throw themselves on floor & roll around as if shot, if they not used to them from a puppy. I would get one of the halti clip things from pets at home that links the headcollar to their normal collar, just in case she gets it off at the start!
Dogmatic are great, delivery is usually a week but if you ring & tell them you need one asap they do get a shimmy on Very Happy

If things cant sort themselves out for you whoever bred Anoushka should be willing to help you. We happy to help our puppy people out when they away on holiday or having a crisis, in fact that isnt limited to just our puppy people, but you get the gist. The majority of breeders will help if they can Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:06 pm

Being only 5' i can too walk confidently with our big lads, all 3 of them together & know that no one will get into mischeif. I have a weak wrist & shoulder from a car crash many years ago, & the dogmatic takes all the strain if they pull, they soon learn that pulling doesnt work as its only themselves they are going agains.

DO Make sure that when you put the dogmatic on that you FIRST clip the lead on her normal collar THEN to the ring of the dogmatic. That way is she does manage to get it off, you still have hold of her by the lead & her normal collar & she cant vamoose on you LOL!
Back to top Go down
Vicki

Vicki

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 04, 2009 9:33 pm

dogmatic's are great, brilliant invention, wouldn't be without one, I can walk both my boys with one hand, and have a dog going off on one at them, and they will not be able to pull towards or drag me anywhere. Takes a LOT of stress out of walking them, good luck and hope it all works out flower
Back to top Go down
http://www.lealemontsaintbernards.co.uk
henoushka

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:48 am

Thankyou so much for you advise i was silly not to come on here and ask for help before i got in such a stew.
Mawreddog if i ever get my hands on her breeder it wont be a pretty sight Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:01 pm

dare i ask who bred her?
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 3:44 pm

Ah, oh dear!
Well we are cpl hours from you I think but happy to help for respite care if need be Very Happy
Back to top Go down
henoushka

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:05 pm

Her name when i bought Anoushka was Carly Lucas but apparently she has gone under other names in the past, she has stinyasu and cache retreat in her lines but cant remember what else as we never recieved the papers, she has since sold off all her St's and yet again moved on. I did manage to trace one other person who had one of her puppys from a previous litter but they also had other trouble with this woman.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2009 6:08 pm

oh dear dont sound too good

at least things are getting sorted now for you!
cheri xxx
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:00 pm

have you got a dogmatic yet??? is it helping?
hope things are going ok - life can be hard but it only makes you stronger even if it doesnt feel that way right now!!!
cheri
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:03 pm

I have since come across someone who has a litter sister to Anoushka & does have their KC papers.. the only one in that litter I believe.. they also had mucho probs with that 'breeder'
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:05 pm

that will be helpfull for her to get the pedigree even if not the kc papers its something I cant believe im posting this! Icon_biggrin
welldone heather you super spy I cant believe im posting this! Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:07 pm

purely accidental!!!
Helped by the fact that I am nosey!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I cant believe im posting this!   I cant believe im posting this! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I cant believe im posting this!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next