Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pet Insurance

Go down 
+6
Mawreddog
islamorada
ourfairview
Steph.
rinnie69
Marles
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Marles

Marles

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 9:53 am

I thought I had posted this subject but cant find it now so must have gone wrong somehow....I have three of my st bernards insured with petplan and have just insured out latest pup. The monthly premium is nearly £60!!! When I phoned to ask if they had made a mistake they told me that all my dogs policies would be going up as there was an increase of 62%. I refuse to pay £240 per month so have been scouring the net for good insurance. Tesco seem to be coming out quite well. I also would like the "lifetime" insurance. Anyone know of a good one please
Back to top Go down
rinnie69

rinnie69

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 1:52 pm

I have Indiana with Lloyds lifetime plan, £26 pm, and Phoenix with E &L . I know petplan can be expensive. NFU were recommended to me , and i think more than do discount for multiple pets.(not sure though)

£240 is a huge amount ,not one i could afford either
Back to top Go down
Marles

Marles

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 2:24 pm

Thanks Rinnie,
I will do some searching on their webs and see what I can come up with. Cant believe the difference in the prices!!
Back to top Go down
Steph.

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:45 pm

Hi I have recently taken out insurance for my 2 puppies .I have them with Axa .It is just under £50 per month for both.Thats lifetime cover.I have my others ,6 adults ,with M&S but they have increased there prices too.
Back to top Go down
Marles

Marles

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeMon Jun 01, 2009 10:32 am

Hi all,

Really searched the net yesterday and Tesco keeps coming up, its lifetime too up to £4000 per condition.

I still cant believe how these insurance companies can suddenly up their prices so much.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 5:50 pm

tesco appears to be the best at the moment i know a few people who have changed to them having had there price doubled very quickly

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
islamorada

islamorada

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 8:56 am

I would highly recommend Petguard which is available through K9capers.co.uk.
You can choose a 12 month or lifetime policy and amount of cover for vets fees from £1000 to £7500.
I now have a few of my Saints insured with them and for a Lifetime policy with up to £7500 cover, I pay around £18 per month. If you insure more than one dog you also get a multi dog discount.
Back to top Go down
Marles

Marles

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 9:48 am

Thank you for the petguard advice, that sounds really good!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:21 am

2 of mine are insured with Petguard, they offer excellent cover & having recently had to claim for over £4000 they are not painful when it comes to making a claim.. hoorah
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk
Marles

Marles

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 11:40 am

I phoned them after doing a quote online and they were really helpful Very Happy
Back to top Go down
islamorada

islamorada

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 12:54 pm

I have never had to claim on any of my Petguard policies yet so that's good news Heather that they dealt with your claims promptly.

Jackie
Back to top Go down
BeBe

BeBe

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 3:46 pm

Very interesting discussion of a fraught subject!!

Hannibal is insured with Green Bee - John Lewis Partnership - they have been good about paying for Hydrotherapy. Annual premium about £325 if memory serves.

I think that when it comes to giant breeds it is very important to factor in the upper limit of vet fees covered. £4000 may sound like a lot but, in my experience, may not be adequate if your dog has a serious/ongoing condition. I would always recommend max cover of £7000 if possible.

BeBe
Back to top Go down
Marles

Marles

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 6:31 pm

Yes, I agree, my german shepherd boy had a skin condition and it cost 6k before he died bless him
Back to top Go down
Eli

Eli

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:47 pm

Direct linemine is £ 20 a month and that covers upto £4000 and if he gets lost they help find him, cheaper if you have more than one as well.
Back to top Go down
lora

lora

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeWed Jun 10, 2009 9:54 pm

I cant believe how many choices you guys have for pet insurance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsthedogslife.com
lorri

lorri

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 12:50 pm

I have ours insured with the halifax they are very good as poor ellie has had a multitude of things wrong with her and they have paid out in excess of £7000 for diff ops etc and her policy has went up but only to £34 a month which i think is reasonable as we have claimed so much abi on the other hand has had no claims and she's £24 a month.

Lorri Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Marles

Marles

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitimeSat Jun 20, 2009 1:19 pm

I have decided to go with petguard. After everyones advice I had a look at them and they were very reasonable £75 for three st bernards. My other dogs will have to stay with the other insurance company as they have ongoing conditions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Pet Insurance Empty
PostSubject: Re: Pet Insurance   Pet Insurance Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Pet Insurance
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Owning a saint :: Saint bernard Healthcare-
Jump to: