Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Breeders question: the lesser evil.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Doline

Doline

Breeders question: the lesser evil. Empty
PostSubject: Breeders question: the lesser evil.   Breeders question: the lesser evil. Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2014 3:48 pm

I am in a breeding dilemma in that I have a choice of to super stunning studs, and I have to choose. Since the good points are obvious (both are multi ch) I will focus on the 'bad' points to decide.
Unfortuantely even the amount of 'bad' is equal, so now I need to find out which is WORSE.

Stud a) Magnificant HUGE (somewhat US) type head. Faulty front (in that his front legs is east west, do to incorrect assembly shoulder/chest -the gradient is off (I Know this is padantic, bit it's the way it its). This does cause 'laboured' movement. Good back end.

Stud b)GOod head (not Magnificant), but Magnificant movement, and very slight dip in topline... Like in borderline.
Stud a's back end not as good as stud b, but it's comparable.

Both have super pedigrees.

So: All these faults doesn't exist in my bitch so I won't double up anywhere. But the question is: Is a faulty front but great head better then a slightly dipped back, but great movement, and not so great head?

Please give me some input???
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwenevre.co.za
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

Breeders question: the lesser evil. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Breeders question: the lesser evil.   Breeders question: the lesser evil. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2014 10:42 pm

im guessing the dip is much less likely to cause any puppies that it is passed onto pain , so I guess thats something

also have you seen the dogs in "real life" perhaps the dip isn't so bad and its the way it was stood or the photo was taken?

are their many puppies from either of these dogs to see if ones trait is carried down a lot?

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk

Breeders question: the lesser evil.
Page 1 of 1