Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

can i have some advice please!!!

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
slave to the kids4

can i have some advice please!!! Empty
PostSubject: can i have some advice please!!!   can i have some advice please!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 4:09 pm

HELP!!! i am in the process of finding a repretable breeder to get a st bernard puppy, i have been doing my resurch on them including what type of food to give them and every one has got different things that they give there st bernard. i currently have an english mastiff/ doug de bordough, and i gave him the beta large puppy breed dry dog food.my question is: do i feed this puppy (when i get one), large puppy dry dog food or giant.and when i get it would i have to put boiling water over the food for it to swell and then give it to them cold(as wouldnt give it hot).i just would like to make sure that the puppy i get will be ok and i would be giving the puppy everything right.

i am sorry if you have gone over this question with other people that may have asked but my prime concern that i would be feeding the puppy the right amount and the  right way so it can grow up healthy and happy, as the animal is my prime concern.

I just cannot wait to get this breed as i love them sooo much. and the animal will always be my concern, as my mastiff seems to be happy and healthy the vet seems happy with him.

thank you

lynne
Back to top Go down
ravo

PostSubject: Re: can i have some advice please!!!   can i have some advice please!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 7:31 pm

Hi,
We feed our two saints Royal Canin giant puppy, then Giant junior and now Giant adult.
No need to soak the food, feed dry but make sure plenty of fresh water is available.
If you buy from a reputable breeder, they will recommend a food that they have been feeding the puppy on.
Where abouts are you,I have bought from 2 different breeders both have been excellent.
One is in Norfolk and one in the Midlands.
Back to top Go down
slave to the kids4

PostSubject: Re: can i have some advice please!!!   can i have some advice please!!! Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2014 10:13 pm

Thank you ravo for the reply of my question.
Oh I thought I had to as saw that someone advised to soak. I would always make sure they have fresh water.So the st bernard should be on giant puppy food. thank you for letting me know as didnt want to buy the wrong puppy food.

I live near cambridge area  but nearer peterbough. I can travel but not far as dont drive so will have to ask a friend to give me, a lift which they said they will.i have been looking at one in norfolk ( cheri). But have not found one that is closer than that. I have looked on  cheri site and looked at all the puppies that she had and was really impressed, with how they look and how happy they are and how much space they have.
I like to ask questions, as like to know that they are responsible breeders and they they have all the right things. But sometimes I do wonder whether I am making a pain of myself by asking questins about the breeder and where the puppie comes from. I did find one in kettering but I found out that they had moved to scotland and wouldnt answer any of my questions and I felt that all they wanted to do was get rid of the puppy, so it got me thinking that they were not genuine and made some excuse. ( sounds bad doent it).is there any perticular puppie food to buy if cannot get royal cain puppy giant please.
Back to top Go down
ravo

PostSubject: Re: can i have some advice please!!!   can i have some advice please!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 6:55 pm

I would recommend that you talk to Cheri at Ourfairveiw St Bernards and Kathy at Laneburn St Bernards.
Both are great people and will give you far more advice than I ever could. Go and see the St Bernards they have, you will fall in love straight away.
Google the breeders for their contact details
Back to top Go down
slave to the kids4

PostSubject: Re: can i have some advice please!!!   can i have some advice please!!! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2014 8:05 pm

thank you ravo, i have e-mailed  cheri and she answerd the questions i have asked, have not asked about the food yet. cheri has not got any puppies at the mo. i have not hered of the other breeder, where is she based?

i always google the breeders to see if i have the right one hence the other reason why i made an excuse also i could not find them anywhere to see where they are or they do exsist.

i know it must read terrible but i am just trying to cover myself and also to make sure that the puppie will be happy and healthy for my kids and for the puppies sake as they must not like feeling horrible just the same as us humans (i think).but thank you anyway for the direction.

lynne
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: can i have some advice please!!!   can i have some advice please!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 12:08 pm

we raise our puppies on royal canin giant puppy, they also leave with a 17kg sack

beta swells up really quite a lot- have you tried adding water to it? the issue there is the risk of bloat is then higher, its also a lesser quality food so a growing puppy would need to eat lots of it, raising the risk of bloat even more....

normally the breeder will supply you with some food, a food table and directions as of how they have been feeding the puppy, if they have been using a dry food, chances are that this will need to be slightly moistened with boiling water for a few mins, you can then let it swell before it goes into the puppy and let it cool down.

I think Kathy may feed raw... but im not sure how she sends her puppies out food wise, as far as im aware she hasn't moved to Scotland, however we aren't in touch with each other but I don't think she would avoid questions etc

there is also hazel and sarah " lazybears" st bernards who are Peterborough way .......
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
slave to the kids4

PostSubject: Re: can i have some advice please!!!   can i have some advice please!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 3:53 pm

Cheri
Thanx for the information it has helped me alot, on what to feed, the puppy. The lady thats in peterbourgh I have seen and I have messaged her over 3 wks ago and as of yet had no reply, so I do not know if she is still doing it or not. And to be honest with you, me and my hubby has decided to wait abit to see if you have any more pups and ask if we can have one of yours, as we have both agreed that it is nice to be able to ask a question and to be answered honestly. The one in kettering had a strange name I was emailing. I am sure a genuine breeder wouldnt care with all the questions but you know when I ask certain things like where the puppies, and are they with them and where the address was in scotland, basic stuff and they refuse to tell you, and then they basicly force on getting the puppie transported to you e.c.t. in other words and not answer any of the other questions only the ones that they want to answer. I dont think they was concerned about the puppie just wanting to be rid of it I felt. Even now I wonder what has has happened to the puppies now. But I just had that feeling through the emails I was getting.
Thanx again for the advice appriciated ALOT. I now know what to buy for the puppie.

Thanx again hun. X
Back to top Go down
ravo

PostSubject: Re: can i have some advice please!!!   can i have some advice please!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 4:06 pm

Hi,
Lanberns website is:
http://www.lanebern.com
Back to top Go down
slave to the kids4

PostSubject: Re: can i have some advice please!!!   can i have some advice please!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 6:08 pm

I wish to thank ravo and cheri for all the help and advice.

It is nice to know that if I have a question, that it will be answered honestly.
Back to top Go down
slave to the kids4

PostSubject: Re: can i have some advice please!!!   can i have some advice please!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 26, 2014 6:09 pm

Thank you ravo for the wedsite.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: can i have some advice please!!!   can i have some advice please!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

can i have some advice please!!!
Page 1 of 1