Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cheese please

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Emma34

Cheese please  Empty
PostSubject: Cheese please    Cheese please  Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 4:43 pm

My girl blossom LOVES cheese really really loves it I put it with her dried food (orijen) I have tried her with other food toppings chicken,steak,oxtail,mince etc but she's a cheese lover anyway someone told me I shouldn't give her cheese as dairy is harmful to dogs if never heard this before but wondered if anyone on here had. She has maybe 150-200g grated with each meal.
Back to top Go down
jakecorby

jakecorby

Cheese please  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheese please    Cheese please  Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:14 pm

I use cheese as a treat for training, probably not the best thing for your dog to be having with every meal to be honest. It isn't going to 'poison' your dog or anything like that but it is very high in fat.

Dairy has lots of calcium and protein which is all good stuff in moderation for dogs and humans, but I would limit the cheese giving.
My boy likes white fish with his meals as the smell drives him mad, maybe try that, you can get it frozen and feed it raw.
Back to top Go down
Emma34

Cheese please  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheese please    Cheese please  Icon_minitimeThu May 09, 2013 8:37 pm

She hates fish lol except the dry fish4dogs treats she won't touch cod,plaice,tuna etc I've tried chicken and steak all sorts but cheese is her thing I do buy the low fat cheese. She doesn't then get any other treats except the dry fish skin treats.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

Cheese please  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheese please    Cheese please  Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 4:43 pm

its not the end of the world, esp as I know shes a fussy eater... if she doesn't become fat I suppose all is ok.... just keep an eye on her weight

they say not to give dogs lots of things... I suppose they say not to give kids lots of things too ... but we all do!!! theres a difference to not ideal and dangerous, cheese isn't ideal as its fatty but your ontop of that anyway

lots of love to bloss

cheri xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Sponsored content

Cheese please  Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cheese please    Cheese please  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cheese please
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Owning a saint :: Food and nutrition-