Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Breakfast items (opinions)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
jakecorby

jakecorby

Breakfast items (opinions) Empty
PostSubject: Breakfast items (opinions)   Breakfast items (opinions) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 5:32 am

Morning,

What are peoples opinions on weetabix or scrambled egg etc for an alternative brekkie?

Back to top Go down
gina

gina

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast items (opinions)   Breakfast items (opinions) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 10:27 am

My opinion is dogs should be fed dog food not human food. it has been formulated to give a balance in nutrients and vitamins etc. the only time i deviate from this is if they are poorly they get a few meals of chicked and rice/pasta.

Can i ask why you are looking for an alternative to dog food?

Gina x
Back to top Go down
http://www.tombearstbernard.com
jakecorby

jakecorby

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast items (opinions)   Breakfast items (opinions) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:11 am

I understand that yes he is a dog and therefore reason suggests he should eat dog food.

My intention is to merely give him some alternatives every now and again to his normal dry food.

Just after suggestions or opinions to see if other people feel the same way and if so what they feed theirs.

I know alot of people feed their dogs RAW food. Is it ok to mix it in with his normal diet?
For example - dry food in the morning/ Raw for lunch and dry food again at dinner?
Or will this lead to whole wolrd of upset stomach?
Back to top Go down
gina

gina

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast items (opinions)   Breakfast items (opinions) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 11:41 am

I mix raw chicken mince in with my lots (soaked) dry food for both morning and evening meals. I have been doing this for about 12 months now and not had any tummy problems.

In my experience i have found that by offering alternatives can lead to very picky eaters my Bella is the worlds worst for this and spent the last 2 years trying anything to get her to eat and im convinced the start of the problem was my own doing.

My advice would be when you find a food your dog likes and does well on dont change it unless you have to.

My Girls have the kong extreme toys thay i fill with different yummy treats to keep them busy you could try this but i really wouldn't change his set meals.

This is just my opinion from my experience would be interesting to see what others think.

xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.tombearstbernard.com
jakecorby

jakecorby

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast items (opinions)   Breakfast items (opinions) Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 12:04 pm

Cheers for the ideas.

He's only 11 weeks old at the moment, does that make a difference?
Tried the kong with wet dog food once and he loved it.

At the moment he is eating every bit of every meal I have given him. Majority is dry food which I moisten for him. Have given him both scrambled egg and weetabix once too and he loved those.

I do want to avoid having a fussy eater though so cheers for the advice.

May keep some chicken mince for one day a week as a 'treat' meal if hes good haha.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Breakfast items (opinions)   Breakfast items (opinions) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Breakfast items (opinions)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Owning a saint :: Food and nutrition-
Jump to: