Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS Empty
PostSubject: LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS   LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS Icon_minitimeFri Dec 02, 2011 9:12 pm

CROSSPOSTED BY REQUEST - IF ANYONE CAN HELP DEB, PLEASE CONTACT HER DIRECTLY AT debandherboys@yahoo.co.uk AS SHE IS NOT ON FB - THANK YOU

"Hi Everyone.
Yesterday, after 3 days of tests in Leahurst Small Animal Hospital, we have received the devastating news that Bruno has advanced L.P. Total one side, partial on the other (a real shock as everyone was telling me he wasn't presenting with the full symptoms and he is too young). He is also suffering from several other GastroIntestinal conditions, also confirmed yesterday,that has caused him to be suffering from Aspirational Pneumonia. Due to his Gastro conditions, and the side effects of possible surgery with aspiration,it has been decided that surgery is not the way to go, for the time being while everything else is being treated (thank gawd for Pet Insurance, £2500 for the 3 days),but to be honest I don't think it is going to be possible at all,they just don't want to say that,as there is so much for us, as a family to take in, as it is.
Have any of you had any of your boys/girls suffering from this? I have obviously googled it, and read as much info as I can, but without surgery I want to know what things I can do that I won't be doing already to help him?
I've been told: No more long walks, no running, excitement, anything that can get him panting. He can't have a collar or anything around his neck/throat - I have luckily got a neighbour who makes harnesses for horses and dogs who is coming Monday to measure him up so I can at least take him for short walks. With his arthritis this is going to be a huge step back, not being able to exercise properly.
His diet has already been changed, to a prescribed one, Royal Canin Gastro Intestinal. That is going to cost a small fortune, but after 4 weeks the hospital have said they can look in to alternatives.
I would really appreciate any advice any of you can give me and please feel free to reply to me direct at debandherboys@yahoo.co.uk
We are heartbroken as a family, but Bruno is happy and at the moment not suffering. All we can do is continue to love him as much as we do and take the very best care of him possible.
Deb"
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS   LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS Icon_minitimeSat Dec 03, 2011 4:21 pm

hi this is exactly what denver one of my pups has been through, although it wasnt the same outcome it was something they said they thought it would be

denver also is never to wear a collar and is on the same diet

i will have a full report and the full break down of treatment and drugs shortly and i would be happy to share the info if it would help

very simular story..........

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
BernieSaintBernard

PostSubject: Re: LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS   LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:03 am

That's a scary condition. Can the dog with laryngeal paralysis bark?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS   LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LARYNGEAL PARALYSIS
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Owning a saint :: Saint bernard Healthcare-
Jump to: