Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

a singlton puppy......garenteed section...... or not!?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

a singlton puppy......garenteed section...... or not!?  Empty
PostSubject: a singlton puppy......garenteed section...... or not!?    a singlton puppy......garenteed section...... or not!?  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:07 pm

has anyone had a single puppy born normally or has the bitch had to have a section?

i am getting extremely different views on this

has anyone had a single pup if so PLEASE explain Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: a singlton puppy......garenteed section...... or not!?    a singlton puppy......garenteed section...... or not!?  Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:25 pm

Sometimes when there is a singleton puppy, there isnt enough 'hormone' to kick the new mum into labour from the pup & sadly sometimes a C-section is needed. But each litter/mum is different & i think it can come down to the bitch itself.

I have had a litter of 2, born normally, on time with no problems.
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

PostSubject: Re: a singlton puppy......garenteed section...... or not!?    a singlton puppy......garenteed section...... or not!?  Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:50 pm

I had a litter of 3 that needed to come by C sec.
I am very much a deliver naturally if I can manage it & I was hoping that there would be enough hormone to hoof these 3 out but there wasn't & from what my vet said thats usually the main reason a singleton will need to come out the sunroof
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: a singlton puppy......garenteed section...... or not!?    a singlton puppy......garenteed section...... or not!?  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 25, 2011 12:56 pm

just as an update this puppy came out on its own, well it came out breech and got stuck

contractions started, feet appeared and then contractions stopped after we had feet! there was no choice but to try and pull the pup out really so with a bit of a wiggle i got him out, dead as could be........ i dont know how long he was dead but we didnt get him breathing.

ive never known contactions to stop once the feet were out.... maybe hormones were low or maybe her body felt it was finished????

we did have the bitch scanned on her due date ( 2 days before she gave birth) and the puppy was normal size.... we measured other puppies ready to compare when we scanned her,

so it wasnt the pup was too big more the bitch had NO push NO contractions at all!

cheri

Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: a singlton puppy......garenteed section...... or not!?    a singlton puppy......garenteed section...... or not!?  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

a singlton puppy......garenteed section...... or not!?
Page 1 of 1