Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ice water bloat

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

ice water bloat Empty
PostSubject: ice water bloat   ice water bloat Icon_minitimeThu Dec 16, 2010 10:55 am

with the cold weather here i thought it was worth mentioning (again!) bloat

ice water and very very cold water can cause muscle spasms which leads to bloat.

please be aware of your dogs drinking such cold water or letting them drink from icey ponds/ fountains and puddles

the classic i have seen just a couple days ago ! water buckets freeze , dog owner makes a small hole dog drinks ice water instantly!!! noooooooooooooooo Rolling Eyes

i could copy and paste loads of random ice water bloat pages but i wont hehehehehehe lol!

cheri x
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
lora

lora

ice water bloat Empty
PostSubject: Re: ice water bloat   ice water bloat Icon_minitimeFri Dec 17, 2010 1:23 am

good thing the water in the loo stays the same temp all year round.... bwahahah. That's my dogs fave drinking spot blegh!

Good reminder for trips to the dog park.
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsthedogslife.com
BeBe

BeBe

ice water bloat Empty
PostSubject: Re: ice water bloat   ice water bloat Icon_minitimeSat Dec 18, 2010 1:05 am

Cheri - thanks for posting this timely reminder!!! It's a very good point and it's easy to forget about the perils of icy cold drinking water!!!

Han is mostly drinking out of 4 pint bottles at the moment - his outside drinking bowl is often frozen!

I'm finding that quite a good way of monitoring not only the temperature of the water he's drinking but also the quantity.

BeBe
Back to top Go down
JessTheMess

JessTheMess

ice water bloat Empty
PostSubject: Re: ice water bloat   ice water bloat Icon_minitimeTue Dec 28, 2010 1:41 am

Something that I wouldn't have thought about right off the top of my head. Thank you for the reminder! Molson is given water inside, but he LOVES to eat the snow outside.. Would this be something to watch?
Back to top Go down
BernieSaintBernard

ice water bloat Empty
PostSubject: Re: ice water bloat   ice water bloat Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:51 am

I let my dog drink cold water on hot days and warm water on freezing days. This is to counteract the weather so that my dog won't get sick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

ice water bloat Empty
PostSubject: Re: ice water bloat   ice water bloat Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ice water bloat
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Owning a saint :: Saint bernard Healthcare-
Jump to: