Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Doppler heartbeat monitor

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
islamorada

islamorada

Doppler heartbeat monitor Empty
PostSubject: Doppler heartbeat monitor   Doppler heartbeat monitor Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:16 am

Has anyone hired the Doppler fetal heartbeat monitor from Fit and Fertile and if so, did you think it was any good ?
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: Doppler heartbeat monitor   Doppler heartbeat monitor Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:37 am

not something ive used but pretty sure nick and cath cowie have one they use! worth asking them?
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Doline

Doline

PostSubject: Re: Doppler heartbeat monitor   Doppler heartbeat monitor Icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 5:57 am

Hi there. I've 'answered' in another post, but here's my 'take'.

Since I'm very far from a vet, I did purchase my own doppler. I found it very good. Could do a head count from week 6, and counted 4 pups, at one point 5. After 3 puppies were eventually born, the mom seemed to be 'finished' whelping, and I used the doppler on her. Could clearly hear another heartbeat inside. so we administered oxytocin, and last pup were born.

Afterwards I've read that sometimes you pick up a major artery from the dam, and can confuse it with a pup. So I suppose if you scan 10 times, and get one 'different' reading, go for the 'avarage' . Thus if you picked up 4 heartbeats 9 times, and 5 1 one time, I'd go for the 4, as this was what was picked up most of the time.
I guess with bigger litters it might become more tricky.

Currently I have a 'supposedly' pregnant bitch, but did not pick up any heartbeats yet (today is day 36) So either she's NOT pregnant, or it's to early still.

Will update again.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwenevre.co.za
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doppler heartbeat monitor   Doppler heartbeat monitor Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doppler heartbeat monitor
Page 1 of 1