Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Frontline when in whelp

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

Frontline when in whelp Empty
PostSubject: Frontline when in whelp   Frontline when in whelp Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Does or has anyone used Frontline flea & tick treatment while their bitches are in whelp?

I have been advised not to use it & haven't done thus far (can't remember who told me now), however I forgot to do Maisy before she was mated & I haven't had her scanned yet so don't know if she is in whelp or not.. but Frontline is due again.....

A couple of mine have had ticks recently but not fleas & I hate both things equally.. If she caught fleas I would have to do something as she is a house dog & the lounge diner is 60ft long & all carpet!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: Frontline when in whelp   Frontline when in whelp Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:09 pm

ive never frontlined any of my dogs ever!!!

i use garlic!

i was told it is safe to use in whelp but i would never give a bitch anything chemical if there is a alturnative!

and i know mine are smooths but i know people with lots of roughs who do it aswell

daisy does get the odd tick on her nose but she is a hedgehog catcher - since she hasnt caught any for a little while she hasnt had them.

i have 8 dogs here at the moment and all are defo flea free as cydnie my daughter would be first to find out if we have fleas as i took her to a friends with fleas and she was bitten all over!

for what its worth i dont use it on my cat either- garlic for them aswell
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Chasidyz

Chasidyz

PostSubject: Re: Frontline when in whelp   Frontline when in whelp Icon_minitimeFri Jul 16, 2010 1:58 am

Cheri, how much garlic do you use per dog? it seems much safer and much more natural than the Advantage that we use!
Back to top Go down
sue

sue

PostSubject: Re: Frontline when in whelp   Frontline when in whelp Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 9:46 am

have heard that apple cider vingar in the water helps in de - fleaing
Back to top Go down
http://www.lusanne.co.nz
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: Frontline when in whelp   Frontline when in whelp Icon_minitimeSat Jul 17, 2010 1:21 pm

i buy garlic powder from tescos- from the little herb section where you can get all the dried herbs

i think the pot is like 50p

they get roughly a quater teaspoon each every day on there breakfast

cheep and easy and as yet has worked perfect for me

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
supersaints

PostSubject: Re: Frontline when in whelp   Frontline when in whelp Icon_minitimeMon Oct 04, 2010 10:19 pm

i dont think it is a problem to flea and worm while in whelp!
at the scan simply as for her to be treated while ur there.
if anything, it is best to treat them at 4-5weeks in whelp as that covers mum untill her litter leaves home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frontline when in whelp   Frontline when in whelp Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frontline when in whelp
Page 1 of 1