Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

cherry eye

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
cart5832002

cart5832002

cherry eye Empty
PostSubject: cherry eye   cherry eye Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 6:06 am

hi, heidi had an op on her eye on 29th april for cherry eye. since then some days its looked great others not so great and a bit gungy. she had the usual meds after the op etc and a couple of check ups where the vet said that the material used in the op heidi was probably having a bit of a reaction to it. this morning it was quite gungy and weepy so i have bathed it in cooled boiled water (remembered that from when the kids were babies lol). has anyone any experience of cherry eye ops and is this usual? how long does it usually take to settle after an op? will probably take her to the vets to get checked out later today anyway but just wondered. turning out to be a costly op this as insurance didnt pay out. mandy
Back to top Go down
Chasidyz

Chasidyz

cherry eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: cherry eye   cherry eye Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 4:26 pm

Our weim had cherry eye surgery back in September. It looked better that same day, and she never had any problems with it. She sometimes wakes up with extra eye goo in it, but that's about it. It never quite settled, and you can see the nictating lid a little bit, but our vet said it looks good. I don't think it looks that good, but he said that it's fixed and that's about as good as anyone could do it. He didn't even do the surgery, we had it done at another clinic because our vet wanted too much money.

I would have the vet look at it again, that doesn't sound right!
Back to top Go down
cart5832002

cart5832002

cherry eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: cherry eye   cherry eye Icon_minitimeThu May 27, 2010 8:14 pm

hi, took heidi to the vets tonight and hes given her some drops to check theres no infection. if its still the same in a week or 2 hes gunna treat her with steroids. im sure i worry more about these dogs than i ever did about the kids lol.
Back to top Go down
rab mcdonald

cherry eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: cherry eye   cherry eye Icon_minitimeMon Jul 12, 2010 9:17 pm

Our bitch Bailey ended up having 3 ops for this as the first time it didnt work, 2nd time it popped out again and he sorted it out the 3rd time,
Even after the 1st time, her eye was ok just a bit red, have never had any probs with it.

Took longer to get permission from the KC to be able to show her again
Back to top Go down
http://www.albasaint@freewebs.com
Sponsored content

cherry eye Empty
PostSubject: Re: cherry eye   cherry eye Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

cherry eye
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Owning a saint :: Saint bernard Healthcare-
Jump to: