Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

how long after due date??

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

how long after due date?? Empty
PostSubject: how long after due date??   how long after due date?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 10:04 am

ok so ill start something in breeding!!!

how long after due date do you decide a c-section is needed?

do you try any tricks in the mean time like a car drive on bumpy roads?

how far over due date have you had live puppies born naturally??

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk

PostSubject: Re: how long after due date??   how long after due date?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 3:54 pm

Hi Cheri,

I take the guide from my vet. If the mother is not in any distress then we would happily wait, but i am loath to wait any more than 48hrs past her due date. I have had a bitch welp 3 days late (although she started within 48 hours but first pup arrived at 72hrs) she had all pups naturally, & only 1 still born. She had a 27hr labour, delivering pups every couple of hours & having s drink, food & rest in between, delivering her last puppy 27hrs after the first ... ALIVE ...... If she is not in distress & happily feeding her pups, then we watch her closely & keep the vet informed how its going & administer meds if needed.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: how long after due date??   how long after due date?? Icon_minitimeSat Jun 06, 2009 5:02 pm

blimey thats a long labour!

daisy gave us ten pups in 12 hours that seems quite short compared to yours!

the thing is with saying sperm lasts inside for a while and depending on what mating the bitch took at the due date could well be a few days wrong

my vets says 3 days past due date she needs to go in for serious chats about getting pups out that day

however the car trick worked with daisy at due date afternoon we put her in the boot and george drove up our lane 4 times with me watching daisy within 30mins she broke her waters and within ten more mins we had the first puppy! everything was set up ready from a week before just incase lol

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: how long after due date??   how long after due date?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

how long after due date??
Page 1 of 1