Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

recommend a stud dog

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
smiles24

recommend a stud dog Empty
PostSubject: recommend a stud dog   recommend a stud dog Icon_minitimeTue Feb 23, 2010 4:05 pm

cheers

Hello, I'm new. I have a 2.5yr old rough coat bitch who I am considering mating. I have several homes lined up already if I do and would really like to keep a pup myself. I have lots of experience with dogs and welping but have never selected a stud dog before.

Soo...Please help me Smile

She is by Ashton v d burggravehoeve at harlesford and pippanabbey arizona dream.

We live near Colchester in Essex.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
Saint

PostSubject: Re: recommend a stud dog   recommend a stud dog Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 3:15 pm

Hi

It is impossible for anyone to recommend a good stud dog without seeing your female.
The best Saint may not suit your female or their hip/elbow or heart tests don't match.
The best thing for you to do is , go to some dog shows and mark up on your cataloge a dog that catches your eye. If possible Check up on the pups that he produces, Have a good chat in person with some people at the shows that have some dogs that are going to public stud. Bring a copy of her pedigree with you along with a copy of her hip/elbow and heart test. A stud dog owner will want to see this. You can then arrange for the stud dog owner to see your female. I do not know what the rules are in England but here in Ireland we are not allowed to bring a dog that is not entered for competition.

Best of Luck
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: recommend a stud dog   recommend a stud dog Icon_minitimeWed Feb 24, 2010 5:18 pm

the english st bernard champ show is this saturday if you wanted to go?

you cant take the bitch as i think its too late to enter her even not for compertition

when you have your results back try posting them on here
and a few pictures of your bitch

i only have a smooth so cant help at all!
cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: recommend a stud dog   recommend a stud dog Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

recommend a stud dog
Page 1 of 1