Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!)

Go down 
+2
Saint
BeBe
6 posters
AuthorMessage
BeBe

BeBe

Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) Empty
PostSubject: Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!)   Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 6:02 pm

Hannibal, now 5 years and with the onset of arthritis, needs a new bed to offer him maximum comfort and support!

Currently he sleeps on an 'egg box' type foam mattress but this has become compressed due to his (naturally great - but not excessive -) weight!!.

In the past, our Saints have always had Vet Bedding but I think Han could do with more support.

I'd be really interested to hear what other pet owners with Saints in their middle to senior years recommend!!!

Over to you!!!

BeBe
Back to top Go down
Saint

PostSubject: Re: Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!)   Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:37 am

Hi Bebe

Does your Saints sleep out side /inside ?

Here our 6 Saints ( we have 2 reaching 7 years ) sleep in their kennels.
They each have a bench the size of a Double bed.
We use 2 Kings Size Duvets about 15 tog in a Double Duvet sheet , It is very soft under them and they love it Smile

If inside :
You could try using an air bed IF it will hold them and nails are short !
Back to top Go down
BeBe

BeBe

PostSubject: Re: Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!)   Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:18 pm

Thanks for your suggestions!

Han sleeps inside - your idea of an airbed sounds quite practical and may be worth considering!

Any other views/suggestions?

BeBe
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!)   Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 2:41 pm

ebays biggest fan here !!! there are plenty on ebay to collect in your area BeBe

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Solo

Solo

PostSubject: Re: Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!)   Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 12:30 pm

Hi all,

Does anyone have any ideas what might suit a saint who manages to rip absolutly anything she is left with?? I've tried duvets, MASSIVE dog beds and cushions but nothing seems to do the trick! She's only 15months so is still full of energy!

Thanks, Sonya
Back to top Go down
Http://dougiethestud.webs.com
Saint

PostSubject: Re: Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!)   Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) Icon_minitimeMon Feb 22, 2010 2:56 pm

Hi Sonya

To be honest if your Saint is ripping everything then I would put nothing under her.
Because they can go from ripping things to eating them.
The same thing happened with one my friends dogs, he ended up eating a vet bed and it got caught up in his intestine. He ended up dying on the operating table.
Back to top Go down
rinnie69

rinnie69

PostSubject: Re: Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!)   Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 08, 2010 8:37 pm

neither of my two will sleep on any kind of bed, i bought one once , quite expensive and all he did was lie next to it, maybe put his head on it, so up it came
Back to top Go down
lora

lora

PostSubject: Re: Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!)   Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 29, 2010 10:49 pm

I use molly mutt duvets. I have 3 of them. You fill them with whatever you want... old towels/blankes/old beds - I have feather beds in 2 of mine and the third is full of old clothes that I have outgrown (or under grown). The dogs like that one the best because it smells like us. They also sell them on EBAY

MOLLY MUTTS SITE

This is the article I wrote about them - ARTICLE

Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) IMG_3457

Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) IMG_3913

Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) IMG_2792

Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) IMG_3382-2

Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) IMG_3412
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsthedogslife.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!)   Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bedding for our lovely big boys (and girls!)
Page 1 of 1