Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Keep a look out

Go down 
+2
lorri
sunnysher
6 posters
AuthorMessage
sunnysher

sunnysher

Keep a look out Empty
PostSubject: Keep a look out   Keep a look out Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 12:28 am

There is a huge void in our household and lives at the moment. If anybody knows or hears about a st bernard that needs to be re-homed in the near future we would love to hear about it. I can't bear this feeling and despite what I thought would happen, I feel as though I need a saint to love and cherish. I feel disloyal to Molly, yet I still feel that I need to fill a huge hole. We havent got a great deal of money, due to my enormous vet bill!!!!! I would love to take on a needy adult saint if possible, but would love and cherish any saint bernard. Molly can never be replaced but it is because of her wonderful, beautiful nature and character that I feel I can never own any other breed. I actually feel quite ashamed of myself for wanting another dog, but Molly would understand, I'm sure. Why do I feel so bad then? Does anybody else think its wrong?
Back to top Go down
lorri

lorri

Keep a look out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep a look out   Keep a look out Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:16 am

Of course its not bad we felt exactly the same when we lost bailey our first saint she meant the world to us and left such a void in our lives although we had two other dogs (not saints)bernards give you a special love that is missed so much. I did feel guilty even when we got ellie as a 9 week old puppy i loved her to pieces but it took me a couple of weeks to deal with the guilt!! But once you have another saint it doesnt take the pain away but eases the pain and molly will always be special to you and she wouldn't want you to be unhappy. Have you tried epupz there are a couple on there needing new homes due to credit crunch or the saint bernard rescue?.

Let us know how you get on take care Lorri x
Back to top Go down
sunnysher

sunnysher

Keep a look out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep a look out   Keep a look out Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:50 am

Thank you Lorri, I just feel very strange at the moment because I really thought before Mol passed away that I never wqanted another dog again because she was so special, You are right when you say that you miss the love that you receive back. I actually feel relief, disbelief and a sense of bereavemant. Relief, because I knew that the dreaded day was coming for Mol, and that she was never going to get better either. The last day or so was awful watching her deteriate hour by hour and wondering what I was going to do was for the best. My husband is the same, he adored Molly and cried when we buried her in our field. (He never cries, six foot , rugby player type!!) The house is so empty, we even miss her slobber and her hair that occasionaly got into our meals!!! Arthur, our half blind bischon, who never left Mols side whilst she was ill, is distraught too and very depressed. God, we miss her.
Back to top Go down
lorri

lorri

Keep a look out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep a look out   Keep a look out Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 9:18 am

I know exactly how you feel its been three years this month since we lost bailey and i still miss her she took ill suddenly and died in my arms in the middle of the night and i can still hear my hubby crying i'd never seen him cry before and nobody understands how devasted you are and how you grieve i've lost other dogs and yes i miss them and grieved but bernards are so special and loving and only other bernard owners no how it feels and you will feel bad for a while and i know it means nothing right now but it does get less painful and you start to remember the good times and not dwell so much on there passing. My hubby swore blind he wouldn't have another 1 but within 2 months we had a puppy and the reason we waited was the pups had just been born, then 9 months later we got another 1 but sadly berni passed away just before her first birthday that was another devasting blow but again a week later we got abi and none of them were ever to replace bailey or berni but just to help plug the gap and give some love like only a bernard can.

My thought are with you Lorri x
Back to top Go down
BeBe

BeBe

Keep a look out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep a look out   Keep a look out Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:21 pm

I am so very sorry for your pain, grief and heartache at losing your lovely Molly. My very deepest sympathy.

Our very special boy died four years ago after us nursing him through chemotherapy for lymphoma for almost a year. I have never fully recovered and love and miss him terribly BUT Hannibal is with us now - he came to us aged two - and we love him and need him and he makes our little family complete.

Lorri is right - don't feel guilty - easier said than done, I'm sure. You need a Saint to love and somewhere there will be just the one that needs you as much as you need him/her. You'll not be replacing Molly, just loving again and differently but just as meaningfully, if that makes any sense.

Take care.
BeBe
Back to top Go down
lora

lora

Keep a look out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep a look out   Keep a look out Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 5:55 pm

I dont see it as replacing... but a tribute to their legacy. Big Hugs to you!
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsthedogslife.com
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

Keep a look out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep a look out   Keep a look out Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:02 pm

i believe olive from olivebranch st bernards is in your area she may be able to help you if not epupz have alot of older dogs for sale at the moment

its not replacing molly but the space she left behind in the shape of a st bernard

i always said i wouldnt name a dog after a dog who had died but actually our diesel is named after georges first st bernard who was called diesel not as a replacement but as a tribute/memory and with abit of luck diesel the first will keep a watchfull eye on diesel the 2nd,

each to there own if it helps get a new dog as soon as you can Very Happy everyone grieves in there own way so you go for it

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

Keep a look out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep a look out   Keep a look out Icon_minitimeWed Aug 19, 2009 7:31 pm

Oops, posted in wrong place to start with!!

Hi Molly's mum (sorry I don't know your name!)
I am about 20 minutes from you.
I have a little girl here who may help patch the big gap Molly has left
If you can email me heather@mawreddog.co.uk
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk
sunnysher

sunnysher

Keep a look out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep a look out   Keep a look out Icon_minitimeFri Aug 21, 2009 12:30 am

A huge thank you to you all. It is very much appreciated and I am glad you all seem to understand how we feel. It has helped tremendously.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keep a look out Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keep a look out   Keep a look out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Keep a look out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Welcome to all things st bernard !!! :: st bernard rescue-
Jump to: