Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bathtime!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+6
shango
Mawreddog
BeBe
Marles
ourfairview
snippittsuk
10 posters
AuthorMessage
snippittsuk

snippittsuk

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 08, 2009 7:12 pm

How do you all bath your Saints? Bud won't fit in my bath!!!!!!!!!
Tony&Bud
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 8:07 am

i shower mine , i find it much easier than bathing

i put a hair guard over the plug and go for it lol

i keep the collar on until the end as i use it to steer them how i need them!

everyone here will tolerate the shower dora narrows her eyes but is still a good girl

daisy is the problem she refuses to get out and always wants more cant complain i suppose!

i use a oatmeal and baking soda shampoo i doubt ill ever change i buy it for £45 for 5leters

i dont have a big blaster but then i only have smooths

cheri
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
Marles

Marles

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 4:30 pm

We invested in a blaster which is a godsend!! Bath wise now that they are too big to go upstairs we fill up one of those sandpit shells with warm water and TRY and get the dogs to sit in it but only our little one will now. Soak them with jugs of water, shampoo then rinse with warm hosepipe water. Then blast... I dream about having a wetroom downstairs where you could just walk in with them lol
Back to top Go down
BeBe

BeBe

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Aug 09, 2009 11:54 pm

Hi Tony and Bud!!

We have a blaster too - an expensive piece of kit but, as Marles says, a real godsend when your dog loves to get wet in the river!!

I usually cheat and take Hannibal to a professional groomer who has a shower facility. Otherwise, it's the jugs of water and hose in the garden followed by the good old blaster!!

I agree that showering is ideal and also have dreams of a wetroom!

Happy bathtimes, Bud!
Back to top Go down

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:10 am

We have an all weather covered patio where my grooming table is. Most of the dogs go on the table to have their feet etc trimmed, which is great as I can ajust their height so I am not bending down all the time (I suffer alot of pain with my shoulder & back due to a car accident) so being able to raise them up is fab. They are mainly bathed there too, with the exceeption of Cody & Rooney who are just too big to be bathed on it (height wise for me I mean) I just cant reach up LOL.

Cody & Rooney are then clipped by alead onto the garden post & i use the hose to bath them (The same hose we can use to wash the kennel runs etc down as its 50ft long), We have a mixer on the tap so we have warm water, so regardless of weather they are warm.

We then use the best piece of equipment ever .. THE BLASTER LOL, which even for our smooth Rooney can take upto an hour to get properly dry.

Hope that helps Smile
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Aug 10, 2009 10:25 am

At our old house our bathroom was downstairs & we put the dogs in the bath & showered them. Odin always refused to get in the bath & was about 90kg too heavy to hoof in, specially with the whole rigid legs thing going on!!
Here was have a similar thing to Kathy, behind my kitchen window I have an awning & grooming table under. We had an electric shower installed, although I have never used it as Zozo's fave pastime is chewing the shower hose, so have improvised & run a hot/cold hose thing from utility room.
I plug the blaster in in the kitchen & post the whole thing out of the kitchen window.

Bathing dogs, specially those who hate it is as energetic as a trip to the gym!!!
Toby's coat is so thick it takes hour & half WITH a blaster !!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk
shango

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Sep 11, 2009 9:48 pm

snippittsuk wrote:
How do you all bath your Saints? Bud won't fit in my bath!!!!!!!!!
Tony&Bud

All my saints are groomed and bathed on a grooming table from the time they are puppies. It's best to get them use to it from puppy age. When they get use to it they get on the table with just a signal and some times with out being asked. Some will jump up on the table anyway when we're just walking by the grooming area lol Before you start bathing, you should brush and comb out the coat fully, then you wet them and shampoo etc For drying I use a shamy cloth, it absorbs the water and cuts out time using the blaster. Yes I agree, the blaster is a great invention and the best piece of equipment you could invest in regardless if your showing or not.
Back to top Go down
elephantgirl0104

elephantgirl0104

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 4:01 pm

I have just given Hope her 1st bath/shower. I am lucky in the fact that as my parents are disabled they have a downstairs wet room. Nice and
easy and she was great! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lora

lora

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jun 08, 2010 8:30 pm

In the summer time i use the rapid bath on the back porch hooked up to the garden hose. In the winter, they are professionally groomed. The rest of the time they stink like dog... lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.itsthedogslife.com
rab mcdonald

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:05 pm

ours go in the bath as we stay in a bungalow, and just have a hose attachment from the taps

Only good one is Max as he just jumps in the bath and looks, as if to say "right get on with it"
Once done he then runs through to grooming room and is on table before i even get there

Then they get blasted with the Gizmo!!

and then 5 minutes later, you would think i had never washed them !!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.albasaint@freewebs.com
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:32 pm

lol RAB i bet is sandra that does it all!!!

cheri
Back to top Go down
rab mcdonald

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jun 12, 2010 1:54 pm

I do help occassionaly you know !!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.albasaint@freewebs.com
StBernardFan81

StBernardFan81

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 8:25 pm

How often should you bathe your Saint?
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:31 pm

i guess that totally depends on what they have been upto, if they are being shown or if they have rolled in fox poop...

i try not to bath mine too often as it strips there coats , i guess mine are bathed every other month, if they are abit grubby between i will wet twoel them down - the smooths, and all girls are bathed after seasons before they go back to there room with a male.

ive had times where ive bathed a dog daily... fox poop, horse poop, muddy puddles etc but i wouldnt fully shampoo them each time. i use a shampoo called dirty beastie for the BAD showers....

cheri x
Back to top Go down
StBernardFan81

StBernardFan81

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:40 pm

Thanks, all great advice. Though who knows when I'll finally get to bath time! Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bathtime!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bathtime!!!!!!!!   Bathtime!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bathtime!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Owning a saint :: Grooming-
Jump to: