Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Royal Norfolk Show

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Marles

Marles

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:25 pm

Well our first premier show today was absoloutely lovely at the Norfolk Show. Lots of trees meant plenty of lovely shade with a breeze, so no panting or discomfort. However, the main show was too hot to take dogs into in my opinion. When we left we found two retrievers in a car with about 4 inches of windows open - CAN YOU BELIEVE PEOPLE!!!!! Shocked Had to go all the way back to the show to report it, the poor dogs looked like their eyes were popping out.....

Anyway our Lucy did us proud today bless her Very Happy She got 1st in AV working NSC, then Best AVNSC Puppy working and Best AVNSC Working and finally - working puppy group two.

We are soooo proud of her as there were thousands of people at the show and I lost count of the amount of people and groups of children that wanted to pet her. She was so patient bless her. As this was our first experience of this type of agricultural show we let them pet her but after a while we realised it was good to move away and hide!!! My other moan was what you were all saying "Where's the Barrel?" " You must live in a mansion" and so on and so on soooooo draining as you smile sweetly,,,,

So all in all a lovely day.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 6:52 pm

weldone lucy Very Happy
who handled ? you must be proud
cheri xx
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 7:00 pm

Well Done...!

Whens your next show??
Back to top Go down
Marles

Marles

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 10:25 pm

Windsor, I am soooo nervous. Was in the ring - fine. Came out and went to get the trophy, they asked me to write down my name and address and my hands shook that much I couldnt write, had to ask the lady to do it for me!! So embarassing Embarassed
Back to top Go down

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeWed Jul 01, 2009 11:23 pm

Awwww bless, well done Very Happy

Did you handle her yourself?

We will be at Windsor, gimme a shout!!
Back to top Go down
Marles

Marles

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:20 am

Thanks Kathy,
Yes, I handled her myself, she was a good little girl for me Smile What time to we have to be in Windsor?
Back to top Go down

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:22 am

Am sure we are first in so judging i think is either 9 or 9.30.. need to check

Either way we are usually there for about 7.30 so we have time to settle dogs & have a cppa before it all starts Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:26 am

good luck

glad you managed to handle lucy did hubby chicken out lol!

cheri
Back to top Go down
Vicki

Vicki

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 11:32 am

9.30 judging starts, i think ring 27, one of the big ones in the middle of the showground!!! oh no can feel the nerves coming on, if you see a red faced woman with a whirling dirvish on the end of a lead, that'll be me and blob Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
http://www.lealemontsaintbernards.co.uk
Marles

Marles

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:09 pm

OOh I am getting scared. Well theres a first time for everything so this is it eeek!!

No Cheri, my husband didnt pull out he just couldnt get it, worse than me lol!
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:12 pm

glad he didnt just pull out at the last secound and shove you in the ring lol

well you did it and you did well so be proud!

cheri
Back to top Go down
Marles

Marles

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:30 pm

Thank you Cheri and everyone for your support!! At least it's good that we sort of "know" eachother all know eachother through this forum, so it's easier to talk to someone rather than going in cold so to speak lol

Just been on bbc weather for Windsor and its says 24 degrees, light rain. Do you show the dogs outside even if its raining, does it ruin the look of their coats?
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 2:40 pm

take towels or a dog coat i had to show diesel and dora in the rain the judge didnt care!

cheri
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitimeThu Jul 02, 2009 3:07 pm

Last year many of the Champ shows were ankle deep in water.. I think at Richmond I lost sight of my shoes & to add insult to injury the van got stuck in the mud & had to be pulled out by a tractor lol
Bit of rain doesn't stop proceedings, to be honest alot of rain doesnt either - there are in & outside rings. You just clean them up as best you can with dry shampoo
Do mind dog 'coats' if its raining & still humid, the dogs will still get hot under there
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk
Sponsored content

Royal Norfolk Show Empty
PostSubject: Re: Royal Norfolk Show   Royal Norfolk Show Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Royal Norfolk Show
Page 1 of 1