Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Runny Nose

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
MillsyD

MillsyD

Runny Nose Empty
PostSubject: Runny Nose   Runny Nose Icon_minitimeSun Aug 11, 2013 8:50 pm

Over the last couple of days Duke's nose has been running with a clear to white/green tinge similar to the consistency and colour of a human nose when we have a cold.

It's only been like this for a couple days and sometimes will go away during the day and come back later. We are keeping a close eye on it to see if it's gets better/worse tomorrow. If there is no improvement we will take him back to see his favourite vet!

As we are new to the breed, I thought I'd post on here to see if this is a common thing or whether anyone knows what this might be.

I've attached a couple of images:

https://s274.photobucket.com/user/jjmillsy/media/Duke_Nose1_zps3784ed85.jpg.html

https://s274.photobucket.com/user/jjmillsy/media/Duke_Nose2_zpsc4c325cc.jpg.html

Thanks Smile
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

Runny Nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runny Nose   Runny Nose Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 1:43 pm

certainly worth checking his temp to see if he has an infection running.

it could be he is shoving his nose in something slimey if its not all the time, and only when he is outside

has he coughed at all? or made a "honking" sound?

Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
MillsyD

MillsyD

Runny Nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runny Nose   Runny Nose Icon_minitimeMon Aug 12, 2013 2:02 pm

Hi Cheri,

He doesn't seem to be making any noises out of the ordinary. His nose is bone dry now just a little crusty so have cleaned his nose and it's all fine again. He hasn't been outside since 10am as he just sleeps for hours in the
afternoon. He has woken up for his lunch and just gone back to sleep. His eating all his food morning, afternoon and evening. We originally thought it might be his food but there's no runny nose after he has eaten, just when he comes in from outside. He took a liking to the heather and conifer we have in the garden, could he be having some sort of reaction to those?

We are putting a little fence up to stop him from jumping up the wall, this is where the heather is, so was going to 'follow' his every move until I find out what is causing it.

He didn't have this last week before training classes, could another dog possibly have given him something if its not a reaction?

Any suggestions?

Shell x
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Runny Nose Empty
PostSubject: Re: Runny Nose   Runny Nose Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Runny Nose
Page 1 of 1