Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

yellow vomit

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
gelflingwarrior

gelflingwarrior

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 1:30 pm

hi over the last few weeks yogi has had random bouts of vomiting a yellow fluid,we have been to the vets who gave yogi 2 injections and some antibiotics.This seemed to clear things up , however yesterday after his 4pm feed he brought it all back up including some from the day before(there was carrots in it lol)
This morning he came over for his morning cuddle and i noticed he was drooling a lot more than normal,when he stood up he was sick again a bright yellow liquid.
Other than being sick he seems fine ,his usual waggy pain in the bum self bless him Smile what do you guys think i should do ? since being sick i have fed him his brekkie and lunch and that has stayed down.
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:25 pm

id be worried he is drinking or eating something he shouldnt.... maybe from the toilet???

stir all sick lol and identify everypart of it if you can, tummy lining looks very much like carrots in humans i wonder if it does in bernards.....

maybe something to settle his tum like antacids for humans would help

Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
gelflingwarrior

gelflingwarrior

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeSun Apr 29, 2012 2:43 pm

hi cheri he has just had a rebellious spell of chewing stuff up, he chewed up a remote control and a pool cue, i did find all the bits tho in saying that in the garden hes a nightmare for shoving stuff in his gob.
I did look through the vomit didnt see anything odd ,the carrots were definately carrot he didnt chew them from friday night.
which antacids are best and how much should i give him?
Also the other end is working fine normal poo for me to pick up.
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 12:06 pm

We usually get this greeny yellow sick when Rupert has eaten something he shouldn't. He has eaten everything from socks, tennis balls, sandwich bags, bits of cardboard, pairs of knickers etc, the list is endless! I have NO idea how I haven't had too have him opened up to get stuff out yet!
Usually the bile like sick is the stomachs way of reacting to something that shouldn't be there.
Mind he doesn't get lethargic etc, this happened to another Saint recently, lethargy followed, then an emergency op, which produced a teddy bear!
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk
gelflingwarrior

gelflingwarrior

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:06 pm

Know just how you feel,yogi seems to want to try and eat absolutley everything,have had to move lots of stuff around the house.
I thought they only did things like this if something was missing from their diet?
He gets arden grange adult still doing this 4 times (is there a reason evryone drops this to twice) and in 2 of those feeds we put vegetables.
He eats better than i do lol.
Anyway seems better today,gave him a couple of rennie yesterday and all meals since sat have stayed down.
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeMon Apr 30, 2012 7:16 pm

How old is he now? Mine usually wean themselves off the 4th meal at around 10/12 weeks if not sooner & are generally on 2 meals a day by 16 weeks.

There is absolutely nothing Rupert is lacking in his diet, trust me LOL He eats raw food & gets some supplements. He looks very well on it, its just an obsession of his. Our Golden Retrievers have taught everything canine in this house to carry things in their mouths, Rupert just tends to then go on & eat them!!
Back to top Go down
gelflingwarrior

gelflingwarrior

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:32 pm

Maybe mine is just a greedy guts then ,i swear i could fil his bowl 20 times and he would still clear it in seconds.
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:35 pm

Try using a big bowl & putting a brick or two in there & his food around that, usually slows them down!
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 6:48 pm

is he drinking from the loo? and you use something like blue loo or such???

has it stopped now?
Back to top Go down
gelflingwarrior

gelflingwarrior

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeTue May 01, 2012 8:39 pm

hi cheri ,think the rennie i gave him may have helped,hes not been sick since sunday morning (thank god) i did notice his stomach was very rumbley and gurgley (hmm my spelling) sun night .
He cant get into our toilet we have a stair gate thats always closed.
He seems to be fine at the moment snoring his head off,cant hear the telly lol
Back to top Go down
Saint

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeFri May 11, 2012 1:52 pm

When was he last wormed ??
Back to top Go down
gelflingwarrior

gelflingwarrior

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 10:01 am

Bugger!! It's started again . Only first thing in the morning though.
No change to diet, wormed monthly with verm x and removed all grass and plants from the yard just in case.he is showing no other signs of being poorly and is his normal happy self,no loss of appetite and is a healthy weight.vet not much help ,so any ideas welcome .
Back to top Go down
Barneybear

Barneybear

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: .   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 2:12 pm

My saint use to do this and because he's on medication it always worried me I changed him to hypoallergenic dog food and since then hes been fine Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:29 am

about time we see a picture of the sick- with something next to it to work out how much it is....... nice eh??? lol

poor baby xxx
Back to top Go down
gelflingwarrior

gelflingwarrior

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitimeSat May 19, 2012 11:42 am

Will do cheri , hes been ok for the last 2 days ,but guessing its not the last i'll see of it.It seems to come and go , theres not a lot of it tbh just seems far too often to be right.In himself he seems fine his usual playfull attention seeking stubborn ass self lol but it is a bit corncerning when its the colour of banana milk shake!!! Any ways next time will take a pic of it to see if you can shed some light xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

yellow vomit Empty
PostSubject: Re: yellow vomit   yellow vomit Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

yellow vomit
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Owning a saint :: Saint bernard Healthcare-
Jump to: