Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

St. Bernard in rescue centre.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
elephantgirl0104

elephantgirl0104

St. Bernard in rescue centre. Empty
PostSubject: St. Bernard in rescue centre.   St. Bernard in rescue centre. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 5:49 pm

Hi all, sorry not posted for a while, finally have a computer that works!
Wondering if any of you could help us. Yesterday we came across a saint in a rescue centre. She is a 18month old bitch, smooth saint and the only info we have at the moment is she was rescued from the brentwood area. The guy that had her was gonna put her to sleep! Beautiful healthy dog though underweight but the centre told us she has put on a fair amount of weight since she has been there. Her name is Roxy. We took Hope to meet her today and they got on fine. Next stage is to walk them together. We have to be careful as we have a 5 year old and Hope is the soppiest laid back girl in the world and our daughters best friend Very Happy . (Hope has a heart murmur and is very calm 90% of the time) the other 10% being the normal running loops in the garden and mad sessions that they all seem to do lol)
They are obviously cautious of re-homing her with children and would only let her go to someone that understands the breed. We are intending on getting to know her more and building some trust (going very well at the moment) and taking it step by step from there.
I guess the guy that had her never informed the breeder. Does Roxy ring any bells with any of you?
Many thanks in advance,
Angie x

Back to top Go down
ourfairview
Admin
ourfairview

PostSubject: Re: St. Bernard in rescue centre.   St. Bernard in rescue centre. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:18 pm

the name isnt as important as either her microchip number or better yet a picture......

i know 6 dogs called roxy but names are so easy to change!!!

all my smooths leave microchipped, if she was microchipped before she was handed in then that would be simple enough to trace

bare in mind not all breeders are that bothered by the rehoming of dogs xxx
Back to top Go down
http://www.fairviewstbernards.co.uk
elephantgirl0104

elephantgirl0104

PostSubject: Re: St. Bernard in rescue centre.   St. Bernard in rescue centre. Icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 6:40 pm

Thanks Cheri,
I'm going to ring the lady that deals with the dogs in the morning (have been dealing with her husband yesterday and today) and see what other details they can give me. If she is microchipped they should have that info. I will take a photo when i'm there in the week and post. She has webbed feet (same as Hope) but looks like she still has her dew clews (Hope dosen't) I know some breeders remove and some dont. Wish all breeders were as caring as you Cheri, unfortunately that dosen't seem to be the case Sad
Will post more info as and when I get it. xx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: St. Bernard in rescue centre.   St. Bernard in rescue centre. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

St. Bernard in rescue centre.
Page 1 of 1