Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ovulation test kits

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Doline

Doline

Ovulation test kits Empty
PostSubject: Ovulation test kits   Ovulation test kits Icon_minitimeSat Jan 14, 2012 6:19 am

This is following another post that I've actually sent, but wanted to get more opinions other then the people reading that threat:
Anybody out there that used ovulaiton home test kits? Vets also use it onhouse as well, but once again it's not available in SA. There are 2 products that I could pick up from my research: Ovucheck Premate and Target.
Target is slightly cheapers, and appears to be more widely in use as well.

I would love to hear from 'real' breeders if they've used this, and how advisable/succesfull this is, and if it would be beneficial to import for my own use (considering that I'm 500km's from the closest city that can do these tests for me).

Back to top Go down
http://www.gwenevre.co.za
Doline

Doline

Ovulation test kits Empty
PostSubject: Re: Ovulation test kits   Ovulation test kits Icon_minitimeThu Oct 11, 2012 11:26 am

Just to follow up:

I've used the Target Ovulaiton test kit, and it works very well. My biggest problem was just to get blood drawn. My vet showed me how, and we did managed one time, but it's not easy. The vet assistant at the veterenarian university in Pretoria (SA) advised me that the larger the breed, the more difficult it is to draw blood, as even though the veins are quite big/bold, they are tough, and when you try to get a needle through, it moves away. So it's rather tricky. But as for the working of the test kit, and the results, it's quite good!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gwenevre.co.za

Ovulation test kits
Page 1 of 1