Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Devil's Claw

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
BeBe

BeBe

Devil's Claw Empty
PostSubject: Devil's Claw   Devil's Claw Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:03 pm

Hi!

Does anyone have experience of/views on supplementing their more senior Saint on Devil's Claw to alleviate stiffness due to arthritis/old age/wear-and-tear?

I'm having to think laterally about Han as he also has renal issues. From my digging around, it seems that Devil's Claw doesn't have a significant phosphorus level - which is what I need to watch out for! Any views/opinions/first-hand experience feedback more than welcome!!

Thanks - and come on you herbalists out there...!!!

BeBe
Back to top Go down

Devil's Claw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil's Claw   Devil's Claw Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:21 am

I Haven't used it myself, but have spoken to some people that have used it, some with Saints that have HD.... all with good things to say Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Vicki

Vicki

Devil's Claw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil's Claw   Devil's Claw Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 11:49 am

Hi a friend of mine used caniflex on her dog, think it's from animal health? It's a liquid like devils claw, sure you give 30ml daily, and I'm pretty sure it has devils claw along with other stuff in, she said it worked wonders
hope that helps
Back to top Go down
http://www.lealemontsaintbernards.co.uk
Chasidyz

Chasidyz

Devil's Claw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil's Claw   Devil's Claw Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 6:03 am

what is devils claw? i've never heard of it before!
Back to top Go down
Mawreddog

Mawreddog

Devil's Claw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil's Claw   Devil's Claw Icon_minitimeSun Feb 20, 2011 3:39 pm

Devi;s claw is a natural anti inflammatory.

When I wanted some i looked all over the place for the dog variety & could only find tablets.
I wanted liquid as it gets into the system quicker. It does have to build up in the system, its not as a dose of metacam for example but I have found it very effective.
The kind I found in the end & stuck with is the equine version, called NoBute. If you Google it you get a whole list of horsey sites come up wher you can buy it.

For Saint owners its great as it comes in 500ml, 1 litre & 5ltr bottles. Anything smaller than that doesn't last.

I swear by this stuff & personally have never found any side effects & haven't heard of any
Back to top Go down
http://www.lilliegarden.co.uk
BeBe

BeBe

Devil's Claw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil's Claw   Devil's Claw Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 3:01 pm

Thanks very much for your feedback - I'm encouraged by your positive experiences of The Claw!

Just for your info, Wendals Herbs do offer a canine liquid DC formulation as well as an equine one - the only difference being in the size of the bottle, as far as I have been able to discover!

I notice that the liquid formulation appears to be suspended in alcohol - do you have a view on this?

I also found quite a variety of both liquids, granules etc for the equine market at my local equine supplier.

BeBe
Back to top Go down
BernieSaintBernard

Devil's Claw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil's Claw   Devil's Claw Icon_minitimeSun Feb 26, 2012 9:44 am

Weird name for a supplement. Smile This is the first time I've heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Devil's Claw Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil's Claw   Devil's Claw Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devil's Claw
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Owning a saint :: Saint bernard Healthcare-
Jump to: